Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Potty Training a 4 yr old.... :(

November 2011 I took a week off work (while pregnant with baby #2) and trained my then 2.5 yr old.  He did great with #1, not so much with #2.....  Fast fwd he had been great with #2 on the potty for a good month and has now decided that he would prefer using his underwear to a potty!  I'm out of ideas on how to get him on the potty and I would like to start him in VPK next year but without being trained he can't go!

Would LOVE suggestions!

Re: Potty Training a 4 yr old.... :(

• Options
    still training my 3yo but ever since downloading the free app POTTY TIME, things have gotten SO MUCH BETTER. and no, i don't work for nor am i affiliated with Potty Time in any way. if you have a smart phone, give it a whirl. good luck and i very much feel your pain.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We just started potty training our 3 year old. Pee has been awesome, but I've gotten her to poop exactly once on the potty in the last 2 weeks. She picked out some prizes she wants and knows what she needs to do, in order to get them. 

We've done prizes and Hershey kisses as rewards for pee. I picked out a few new books for her to read on the potty - search and find type books. And today she picked out a Cinderella Barbie that she really wanted - but she has to earn 5 stickers on a chart in order to get that doll (this is for pooping on the potty) and I have a few other little prizes that she picked out that she can earn right away for pooping.  My girl is stubborn as all get out though, so its a matter of her being ready.  I can't make her sit there and scream, I just don't have it in me. And, she battles constipation so I don't want to make those issues worse, either.

I don't have any other suggestions, though I did just download the app that the pp mentioned. Good Luck, you are not alone on this adventure!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Still potty training my 3 year old.  Feel the frustration with all of you.  My daughter does great if I take her all day long to the potty.  She is a master of holding it in.  If I don't take her she will just pee right in her panties all over the floor.  She used to tell us if she had to at least poop, but now she just poops in her panties and tells me after the fact.  So frustrating.  She has to be potty trained completely by August for 3K or else she can't go and it is scaring me that it won't happen by then :(  

No suggestions, just sympathy at this point. 

• Options
    You said he's 4 now and has been potty trained for over a year? I'd make him clean up his accidents. I wouldn't treat it like a punishment, just a matter of fact, oops you made a mess, now it's time to clean up. He can plop the poop in the toilet, put his undies in a bucket to soak, and go find some new clothes to put on.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

imageAngela814:
    You said he's 4 now and has been potty trained for over a year? I'd make him clean up his accidents. I wouldn't treat it like a punishment, just a matter of fact, oops you made a mess, now it's time to clean up. He can plop the poop in the toilet, put his undies in a bucket to soak, and go find some new clothes to put on.

Ohhh that's a good idea!  My 2 year old isn't even close on the poop thing (he has pee down pretty well), and if he's still struggling when he's a little older I'm definitely doing this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"