February 2012 Moms

Which would you prefer?

Would you prefer for someone to judge you silently?   Or for someone to actually say something to you about your parenting "style"? 

I think I'd rather be judge siliently.  Only because as much as I always have a smart comeback for people.  It's usually not a very nice comeback and since my child is in my presence I choose not to have him see me in the light. 

I swear my kid makes me soft, I don't even give people the bird anymore in the car just cause I'm Timmy's Mom and I need to make him proud!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which would you prefer?

• Judged silently.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Silent...silenty forsure.

• Loading the player...
  • I think it really depends on who the judger is. I'm fine being judged silently by a waiter, sales clerk, or mom on the playground but if a family member or DCP or someone close to me is judging I'd like to know.
  • I think it depends on the issue that they are judging. In most of my parenting choices I'm pretty confident, so if it's a matter of just having different styles I'm fine with defending myself or letting their comments roll off me. I'm also okay with not defending myself if I don't feel like I need to. I don't need to justify how I raise my kids to anyone except my husband, and I feel like he and I are on the same page.

If it's a safety issue, where someone sees something I am doing that could be dangerous or something, I want to  know. I would hate to be unknowingly putting my kids at risk or something and have someone too afraid to look like they were judging me by bringing it to my attention. I prefer a call out/wake up call in a situation like this.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imagesunnyday016:

If it's a safety issue, where someone sees something I am doing that could be dangerous or something, I want to  know. I would hate to be unknowingly putting my kids at risk or something and have someone too afraid to look like they were judging me by bringing it to my attention. I prefer a call out/wake up call in a situation like this.

Yeah I would agree with you.  One time I saw this Mama with her baby facing forward infront in an Ergo.  And like other carriers the Ergo isn't built for that.  It took me a good 20 minutes to build up the courage (she was sitting with the baby most of the time) and to figure out how to say it with out being judgy. 

I think I said "I don't mean to judge or be critical cause I'm a new Mom too" about ten thousand times before I got my point across.  She felt really silly and thanked me.  But sometimes people get defensive I know I have and then later realized they were probably right (not about my child fortunately but other things). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"