Multiples
Options

Hips are SO SORE

I feel like someone has been pulling on my legs all day.  I mean, my hips/groin are SO SORE and there's no reason for it besides pregnancy.  I can barely stand up, and when I do, it takes a few steps to get my muscles moving.  Please tell me a few of you have felt like this?  I asked my OB yesterday, but she really didn't say anything about it.  If I weren't pregnant I'd probably be taking pain meds/advil/whatever for it.  It bugged me that the OB just fluffed it off like it's no big deal, meanwhile it really dictates my day.  
TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hips are SO SORE

• Options
    I feel like this today.  Have you tried a prenatal cradle?  My sister let me have hers after she was done with it and it seems to take a lot of pressure off my pelvis.  I didn't wear it today and I am noticing a difference.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had some horrible hip pain at various times throughout the 2nd tri.  I had a killer time trying to sleep because being on my side hurt really badly.  I hope you feel better soon.
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejadeks1031:
    I feel like this today.  Have you tried a prenatal cradle?  My sister let me have hers after she was done with it and it seems to take a lot of pressure off my pelvis.  I didn't wear it today and I am noticing a difference.

I have a prenatal support belt, is that the same thing as a prenatal cradle?  If not, what brand do you have?  If this lasts another day then I am ordering one on Amazon ASAP.  I just woke up from a nap and could barely stand and walk.   

TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This is how I was before I had my twins too. I was in sheer agony.   =(  I feel for you because I know how horrible it was for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I'm not sure if they are exactly the same.  The cradle goes around the stomach and over the shoulders.  I have to pin the straps to my bra so that they don't show at my neckline but it seems like it helps.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My hips aren't necessarily sore, but my back and groin are, especially when I first stand up. My OB recommended the Prenatal Cradle. That is actually the brand name but is is manufactured by a company called It's you babe. My OB specifically recommended the "original". This is the one that goes over your shoulders. I looked at the manufacturer's website and the original was listed for $58. I ordered one from Amazon on Tuesday for $37. It wasn't listed as the original in the specifications but the pictures look about the same.

Here is a link to Amazon with some of the Prenatal Cradle styles  https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=prenatal%20cradle&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aprenatal%20cradle

One other thing to keep in mind is the sizes. I would normally look for a "plus sized" but the way Prenatal Cradle does it's sizing is different. A "Large" is for someone who weighs 250-300 pounds.

I am really hoping it brings some relief!

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"