February 2013 Moms
Options

pumping question

i posted on the breastfeeding board but curious as to your thoughts. i feed my son on one side per feeding (about 20 min). I want to start pumping but not sure what to do as I dont want to increase my supply. right now each side is used to being emptied every 6 hrs. I am nervous that if i feed him on one side and pump out the other at the same time (which would be every 3 hrs), it will increase my supply too much. any thoughts are much appreciated!!

Re: pumping question

• Options
    To piggyback off this how many pumped ounces should they be getting??
  • Options
    Everyone's supply will be different depending on your body. So the ounces pumped will be dependent on how much supply you have and how much baby nursed before you pump.

If you pump on the side your not feeding on then your supply will increase. The more milk used = more milk produced.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you wanting to build a stash? If so maybe it is ok

to produce more?

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"