September 2012 Moms
Options

Totally Disgusted - Sexual Assault Mentioned

I know I'm being a bit PWy about this, it's probably because nothing like this ever happens where I live, but this morning, we finally got the details of what's happened.

First, my MIL called this morning, and her friend knows the 911 operator who took the call for the home invasion.  She tells her that the woman was sexually assaulted. If I wasn't already terrified enough...

And then, H goes to work, and texts me, telling me that it was the wife of one of his employees that was attacked.

He went home for lunch yesterday afternoon, and came back to work at the dealership.  A couple of hours later, there was a knock at the door.  We live in a great area, where nothing of this sort ever happens, so his wife didn't think twice about opening the door.  The man says 'Do you know anyone by the name of so-and-so?', she says no.  He asks if her husband knows anyone by that name, she says 'I'm not sure, he's not home.'  The man barges in and puts a knife to her throat.  He forces her to  perform sexual acts on him, and then ties her to the bed and raped her.  

Afterwards, he asks where their money is kept.  She gives him the combination to their safe, and he left with all of the money they had been saving for vacation, and the $13 she had in her wallet.

All of this, in front of their 2 1/2 year old son.

Fortunately, he wasn't wearing a mask, and immediately after he left their house, he tried to pull the same thing across the street, but a man answered the door, so his face was seen by several people.

The husband works in the parts department, and doesn't make great money, so H is taking up a collection at the dealership to send them on vacation, and told HR to let him take as much time off as he needs, and to pay him for all of it.

Ugh, it's just so disgusting, and such an eye-opener. 

Re: Totally Disgusted - Sexual Assault Mentioned

• Options
    Wow. Scary. :[

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh my. That's HORRIBLE and really scary. I feel so bad for that woman and her family. I can't imagine what they are going through. It is really nice of the dealership to help them out. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Done.  I don't know why it didn't occur to me.  Apologies!

• Options
    Oh my! My heart goes out to the family and especially that woman. I don't understand what is wrong with people?! I just can't imagine.
  • Options
    omg! How awful! Your husband is doing a great thing, though. hopefully they catch him soon!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options

I am so sorry this happened and it is terrifying. :(

We live in downtown in a city and it can be scary. Our neighbor was broken into a few months ago and just last week someone had their car stolen while it was warming up at 7am. I definitely understand the fears you are dealing with. I do not open the door after dark if someone comes unless it is someone that I know or my H answers it.

Sexual assault is scary sh*t. I hope they find him.

Stop by my blog @ When Regarding Ruffles! Cheers and High-Fives! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageAnniversary
  • Options
    That is so scary!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We do not have a peep hole.  I haven't really had anyone to knock on the door while H wasn't home.  Now, you can bet I won't be answering it.  That is such a sad sad situation.  I know she probably thought nothing about it, but I wouldn't have said that DH wasn't home.  I feel so bad for this lady. :(
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Omg I'm disgusted by that! He needs caught and tortured. That poor woman!

So sorry!!

Carter Douglas 09.25.12

• Options
    Just awful. This makes me sick to my stomach. That poor family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is so sad. It's disgusting that people like this live in this world.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"