February 2013 Moms

TMI,cause for concern?

I have had uncomfortable but not terrible contractions coming about every 15 minutes since 2:45.  I am not getting excited because they are not really progressing in pain or getting closer together, they are actually pretty much like clockwork and just uncomfortable.  The only pain that is progressing is the pressure/pain in my rectum during the contraction.  It stops as soon as the contraction is over, but it is a strong pressure and a sharp pain in my lower back and rear end.  Should I be worried or is this just part of life?  Nobody told me about this symptom, so I wasn't sure if it was one of those hidden ones people don't discuss...
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: TMI,cause for concern?

• I was having that when I was on pitocin at the hospital.  I am not sure if it is "normal"' but sitting was very uncomfortable due to the lower back pain.
  • That sensation started for me when I was in full blown labor and transitioning. If you havent already, I'd head in to get checked. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDC2London:
    That sounds like good solid contracting to me. nbsp;Hopefully they start to get closer together!

I hope so!! Come out, baby!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Sorry to creep in from Sept, but that's exactly how mine were. They started 15 mins apart at 5:30am Sunday...they stayed that way until 10am Monday when I went in at 5 mins apart and I was dilated to 6.

Good luck !!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I kept joking that baby was going to come out of my butt because my contractions started in my rectum and after almost 12 hours of labor they finally moved up to my uterus.  I was 5 cm when I got to the hospital and it was all rectum-like contractions that got me to that point.
  • It could be possible your babe is not quite turned yet (i.e.: sunny side up) and the head is putting pressure on your low back, rectum. I had bad back pains during contractions, but my baby ended up being breech.... Please don't let my reply freak you out. Baby has lots of time to turn. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That was part of pushing contractions for me... i would at least call your ld tosee if you should be monitored
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I had some pain like that during my contractions, and not to be gross but i just needed to poop!  A few glasses of juice later the problem was solved and my labor could progress with what I considered more "normal" labor pains.  But, like other posters said the back pain could just be due to baby's position.    You might want to check out www.spinningbabies.com for some things do do in labor to help baby get in a good position.  Good luck! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"