1st Trimester

Heartbeat?

At what week?
I miscarried my last pregnancy and never got to see the babies heartbeats. I could "google" it I'm sure just thought I'd ask you mommies.

I have a sono next Thursday and ill be 5 weeks and 2 days and I think that's too early.
Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.

Re: Heartbeat?

• I saw mine six weeks and 2 days. Didn't look much like a baby but the flicker was there!
  • Thank you. I'm okay with it not looking like anything... Hearing the heartbeat or seeing the flicker would put my mind at ease.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • First ultrasound I had I was 5wks 3 days. They had me come back when I was 8wks so they could get a heart beat. Hope this helps :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMandJS:
    With S, my doctor wouldn't do the u/s that early because she said if we DON'T see the heartbeat, it will just make me crazy and so she waits until 8 weeks. I think by 8 weeks you pretty much either will or won't see it.I saw the heartbeat on a transvaginal u/s at 5 weeks with T.nbsp;I only had the u/s that early because I was high risk the second time around.nbsp;

With me having 2 miscarriages they're keeping a close eyes on my hcg levels and I assume ill have transvaginal u.s every week. So if you saw it at 5 weeks with the internal sonogram.. I might be okay next week at 5 weeks and 2 days.
  • imageMsHeather1106:
    First ultrasound I had I was 5wks 3 days. They had me come back when I was 8wks so they could get a heart beat. Hope this helps :

Thanks heather. Did you have an internal or external sono at 5 weeks 3 days?
  • They also checked my levels before I came back for my second ultrasound because I was worried. I miscarried about 3 years ago.
  • At first they tried the external because they were thinking I was 8 weeks because of my period being so screwy but when they did the external they could not see much and then decided to do the internal. When I went back for the second one they did an internal as well.

imageDreamDisney:
    imageMsHeather1106:
    First ultrasound I had I was 5wks 3 days. They had me come back when I was 8wks so they could get a heart beat. Hope this helps :
    Thanks heather. Did you have an internal or external sono at 5 weeks 3 days?
  • I had a vaginal US at 6wks and a heart rhythm was not yet detectable. We went in at 7wks and had a hb of 127bpm.

I would go in expecting not to see anything. That way if you do then it's a great surprise. And if not you are prepared mentally and emotionally.
  • That's how I'm feeling. I think it's too early... So ill make my second sono for 8 weeks and skip the 7 week u.s.
    just ask them to keep taking my blood work to make sure everything is going okay.

Thanks for your help mommies.
  • imagejj32:
    I had a sonogram at 5 w 3 d and could only see the gestational sac, then at 6 w 2 days the heart beat and baby was there, and we were able to hear it. So dont be disapointed if you dont hear/see anything next week. Can you push you a week back so you have a better chance of seeing something?

Well I can have as many as I need or request. With me having 2 previous miscarriages they're watching me closely so I want this one next week to see the sac make sure everything's okay. Then ill schedule one for 8 weeks to see the heartbeat.
  • My friend didn't have a heartbeat at 6 weeks, but she went back in at 7 weeks and the heartbeat was there. I had an ultrasound last week at 6 weeks 4 days and the heartbeat was low. I had a repeat ultrasound yesterday at 7 weeks 6 days and the heartbeat was normal!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I think that's my plan. Just see the sac for piece of mind at 5 weeks 2 days. And a sonogram at 7 weeks 2 days. With blood work inbetween.
  • From what I read it's most common for the heart to start up around 5.5-6.5 weeks, though starting closer 7 weeks is not uncommon either....though since that is based on LMP it's possible that ovulation and implantation didn't happen "on schedule".   With the IUI you at least know for sure when you ovulated/conceived.  Takes some of the guessing out.  

Good luck, but you should expect to hear it at the following sonogram and probably not the 5w2d one. 

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• I saw all of the appropriate sacs at 5w2d and a heartbeat of 127 at 7w exactly. Good luck!
  • I saw this baby's HB at 6 weeks via vaginal US.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was 8 weeks 4 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • You won't be able to hear it through a Doppler but your doctor may be able to see the hb flickering via transvaginal ultra sound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I got an unltrasound done at 5w 3d and saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. No fetal pole yet. I get a repeat on Tuesday to look for the baby and heartbeat. Personally I wish I would have waited another week.
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"