Delaware Babies
Options

Child Care

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting on this board-- any board actually. I will be 20 weeks come Friday and figured I needed to get in gear on prepping for this baby.

I wanted to know if anyone could recommend child care options in the Pike Creek area or nearby vacinity... I currently work in Newark so, anything along the way is an option. Looking at both in-home care & day care centers.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Child Care

• Options
    I don't have any experience but I wanted to say welcome and congrats! I'm also in Pike Creek and work in Newark.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Options

I live in Newark technically but am super close to Pike Creek and Hockessin.  My son goes to The Goddard School in Hockessin and I have been extremely pleased with every aspect.  There is also Children of America as well as La Petit Academy that are close by.  I would just tour a whole bunch...that's what we did...you will know the second you walk in which one is right for you :)

Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you! I actually got a list from the Children & Families First Organization-- they emailed right to me for my zip code & Newark. Now on to researching and checking a few out... have a great weekend!

• Options

Good luck!

I live in Newark and work in Pike Creek.  I looked at the Goddard schools and they were definitely really nice...I ultimately ended up going with a different center that we liked a lot and was more within budget however, it's currently booked (I got the last slot for September for my baby due this summer).

Otherwise for what it's worth, my sister in law worked at the Meadowood KinderCare off Kirkwood Highway and said they were terrible...she quit as soon as she could.  So I would probably avoid that :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"