Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarried at 18 weeks.....

It's almost been two months since we woke up that dreadful morning and rushed to the hospital.   I was 18 weeks, 4 days pregnant and was looking forward to going for the ultrasound that same day with my husband and six year old daughter. We were out on a family outing the day before and I had no symptoms of any sort of what was to come the next two devastating days. I woke up and was leaking fluid. I had a ruptured membrane and we waited at the hospital for a day with no explanation from the Doctor of what was happening to me.  The Dr. admitted us to acute care and told us to wait and see if the fluid would replenish itself.  The next day the nurse discharged us and let us go home without any tests or ultrasound, so we assumed everything was okay.  We got home and I started to get contractions.  We went into spontaneous labor and by the time we reached emergency I gave silent birth to our son. I ponder the thoughts and replay those days in my mind over and over and wonder what happened.  Still today we got no explanation and have accepted that we will never get an explanation as all the testing the doctor did came back with no explanation. 

I held my son and he was so perfect.  He had all his fingers and toes and even had little nails growing.  He had no physical ailments and was absolutely beautiful.  He is now our perfect little angel.

After much thought we decided to do a naming ceremony at the hospital church and we decided to get him cremated and we now have his ashes as we are undecided where we want to spread them and we have every reminder that we could get of him and that has helped a lot.

I saw my Dr. last week and she gave us the go ahead that we can now start trying again, but a part of me wants to, but another part of me is so scared of miscarrying again. 

I feel like emotionally I am doing a lot better, but it's only been two months and I fear that we will get our hopes up again.

Re: Miscarried at 18 weeks.....

• I had a miscarriage...but I cannot even begin to imagine what you went through. I am so sorry you were treated like that medically and that you lost your baby. You have to be one tough cookie to get through that! :) 

I hope when you decide that you are ready that you get KU quickly and have a healthy and happy pregnancy and take home baby :)  

• My heart aches for you, and I am so sorry for your loss.  My husband and I lost our baby last week, also at 18 weeks. We went in for our ultrasound to find out the gender, and instead were told the baby had died.  I have not stopped crying since that day, and I am having such a hard time trying to get through this horrible tragedy.  I had a very painful D&C with a hospital stay bc of excessive bleeding.  The physical pain made it that much harder.

I am sending you big hugs and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

• Loading the player...
  • I have never written on a forum of any type so this is new and not sure how to reply to all the caring people who posted.

I believe every women who goes through such a loss deals with it in their own way and are so strong and reading other experiences makes me feel not so alone and reading others pregnancy success after a miscarriage gives me hope.

My story is just like many others on here and I have so many questions. I question myself every day if I did something or could have prevented something or perhaps I shouldnt have done this or done that.

I also question if we do try again...are we trying for the right reasons and am I being selfish and trying to replace the son that we lost or trying to cover up my emotions and I wonder if I will truly ever be ready cause I still fear that day and would be devasted to go through the same thing again. We were ready for a baby then but are we ready now.

I took a month off of work after I gave birth to our son and I still have days where I just want to crawl into bed and stay in my pjs all day, but the normal routine and seeing people and talking to a few people has also helped deal with the loss.

Do you ever feel closure and acceptance......
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I can see why you would be hesitant to try again. Just take some time to heal and wait until you're ready. ((hugs))

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• I am so incredibly sorry for your loss ((HUGS))

I lost twins at 21 weeks due to incompetent cervix. I was diagnosed with "IC" the day of of my anatomy scan. I had bulging membranes and was told that if they had not found it my water would have broken and I would have gone into PTL. Maybe you should ask your doctor about this??? 

I am so sorry you have to be here. I hope you find as much comfort here as I have.

• imagemj4106:

My heart aches for you, and I am so sorry for your loss.  My husband and I lost our baby last week, also at 18 weeks. We went in for our ultrasound to find out the gender, and instead were told the baby had died.  I have not stopped crying since that day, and I am having such a hard time trying to get through this horrible tragedy.  I had a very painful D&C with a hospital stay bc of excessive bleeding.  The physical pain made it that much harder.

I am sending you big hugs and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I am sorry for your loss as well.  I don't know why we are chosen to go through this pain, but I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.  I also feel like it's made my husband and I a lot closer and has made us stronger as a family. 

I didn't see anyone for nearly four weeks after we miscarried and I still haven't talked about it with my in-laws. I went through a lot of emotions and still today I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me.   I think that hurts the most. I  was showing and we sent out a Christmas announcement to all our family and friends because we thought we were past the safe zone.   I hope reading other forums and being able to talk to people will help you as it has helped me.  I am still having bad days and good days.   I feel envious of those people who are still pregnant.  Our baby was going to be born near the same time as two of my friends and just this week I had two co-workers have their babies.  Reminders everywhere of what might have been.  We have since made new goals for our family and I hope that one day we will get pregnant again. I wish the same for you.  Sending hugs and thoughts. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"