December 2012 Moms
Options

away from baby

Has anyone spent overnight away from baby yet? Friday/Saturday Iwork. Josh has an interview on the other side of the state along w/ our nieces birthday party. Dc isn't open Saturday so he's taking faye with him.

Now, I am excited to have a night to myself but I'm so nervous. I bf and though she gets bottles at day care I nurse her 99 of the time at every other feeding. Im nervous that when she comes back she won't be interested in the boob. Am I just panicking? Has anybodys lo stopped on their own this young?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: away from baby

• Options
    You'll be fine.  Enjoy some sleep and the kid will be dying to get back on the boob.  My experience with BF babies is they will always prefer the boob.  GL to your DH :)

• Options
    I don't remember how old DS was, but he spent the night at my dad and step-moms house. The next day he fought me on bfing, but I kept putting him to the breast. After a day he was fine. If LO does do that, don't let her have a bottle while shes doing that, just keep offering her your breast. She'll remember it's better. Also since she's used to taking them all day at dc and has had no issues switching, I don't think you will have a problem.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are brave! It took me 18mo to let DS stay overnight and it was a month after I stopped Bfing. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. Scared for your DH though! LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Now that I'm working again I'm away from Elli for 12 hours at a time. When I get home she goes right back to the breast no problem! I'm sure your little one will miss you like crazy :) No matter how great DH is mommy is always better ;)

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

• Options
    I work 14 hr night shifts and when I get home I nap. So we go almost 24 hrs without bfing on work days. All 3 of mine did fine going back and forth! DD2 was having a bottle when I got up from my nap and she saw me, pushed the bottle out of her mouth and cried until I finished her feed bfing! Enjoy your alone time I am jealous!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for making me feel better. Maybe I'll get a mani/pedi and a glass of wine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"