Special Needs
Options

Can't wait until Wednesday...DD2 brag!!

I know y'all will get this and understand more than my friends of typically developing kids ever could.

After all the weight and eating struggles we have had with LA...Adelyn is a breastfeeding and weight gaining CHAMP!  She has surpassed her birthweight gaining 1 oz/day in the 10 days since discharge--pediatrician says it is TEXTBOOK!  Textbook--can you believe it?  After all, LA is the antithesis of textbook so this is HUGE for us!    I cannot see the consumption when breastfeeding (which is hard after spending the past 4 years literally counting every single ounce and calorie that LA consumed).  I have been incredibly nervous and uncertain about how breastfeeding has been going so today's weigh in was a major milestone for us.

Oh, and not to leave LA out.  She has gained a little over a pound since early January!  Woo Hoo--she is actually ON THE FREAKING CHART for weight!  She hasn't been on the chart in YEARS!!!!! 

Love my "porkers!"  Now, if mom could just go in the opposite weight direction all would be perfect in our world Wink

Re: Can't wait until Wednesday...DD2 brag!!

• Options
    That's Awesome! I know you are prob doing the mommy happy dance :
  • Options
    That is such good news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This post made me smile!
  • Options
    So awesome! nbsp;Your siggy is so precious too!

DS 09/2008

• Options
    While DS2 has the same diagnosis as DS1 he hasn't been as severely affected.  DS1 was FTT and still struggles with weight gain.  DS2 is a pork chop! I almost cried when we went in for his first weight checks and he either gained the oz/day or surpassed it. So I totally get it.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Options
    WOO HOO!!!! I am so excited for you and your girls! DS has very similar issues to your DD1 and I can remember vividly when DD was measured and she was in the upper percentiles! I about peed my pants haha It is such a weight lifted off your shoulders to know something as simple as feeding is going well. I am just now at a place with DD where I am not automatically calculating her caloric intake after each meal since she eats just fine  :-) yay!! and 1 lb since early January is AWESOME! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome. Yay for your big girl, and yay for textbook! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    yay, that's great!
  • Options

That is so great!  We are in the opposite boat- DS is a porker (my first kiddo) and DD is my food and bottle refuser.  I understand the counting every calorie!  Good to hear that yours are doing so great!  I am anxiously awaiting the day when I can have that balance!!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"