Breastfeeding

Pumping while sick

I think I caught a bug overnight. I am exhausted and my stomach has been givin me issues. Needless to say, all I want to do is sleep not pump. I am behind on my pumping schedule. I've only pumped three times today whereas on most days I've pumped 45 times by this point. How much will it effect my production? I'm still trying to establish my milk supply since it's not quite where it needs to be.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Pumping while sick

• From your ticker it looks like your LO is only 2 weeks old?  In that case, I would say forget about the pump for now while you're sick.  Focus on drinking LOTS of fluids (like 80-100 ounces minimum), and on getting better.  Breastfeed LO on demand while you're not feeling well.  The fluids and the frequent nursing should help keep your supply up while you're sick. 
  • imageKenAnna:
    From your ticker it looks like your LO is only 2 weeks old?nbsp; In that case, I would say forget about the pump for now while you're sick.nbsp; Focus on drinking LOTS of fluids like 80100 ounces minimum, and on getting better.nbsp; Breastfeed LO on demand while you're not feeling well.nbsp; The fluids and the frequent nursing should help keep your supply up while you're sick.nbsp;

LO is in tr NICU and has only nursed once or twice... Thus this is the main way I can feed him...

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Loading the player...
  • imageMBush4:
    imageKenAnna:
    From your ticker it looks like your LO is only 2 weeks old?nbsp; In that case, I would say forget about the pump for now while you're sick.nbsp; Focus on drinking LOTS of fluids like 80100 ounces minimum, and on getting better.nbsp; Breastfeed LO on demand while you're not feeling well.nbsp; The fluids and the frequent nursing should help keep your supply up while you're sick.nbsp;
    LO is in tr NICU and has only nursed once or twice... Thus this is the main way I can feed him...

I'm sorry--I didn't realize that!  

In that case, I would say try to keep up your pumping schedule as much as you can but focus as much as possible on taking care of yourself as well.  Drink lots of fluids, eat what you can and try to pump every 3-4 hours.  Once you get over the stomach bug your supply should recover.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"