February 2012 Moms
Options

Blood Allergy Panel

Does anyone have experience with them? Grant tested at an 8.96 for a peanut allergy and I was told that it means he has a severe peanut allergy.

My friend said that those tests show false positives for kids under 2.

We have an allergist appointment on the 6th, but I'm kinda freaked out. I mean how many different doctors do I need to take him too? Mobile frowny face.

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blood Allergy Panel

• Options
    I just remembered about the food allergy board, so I'm gonna post there too.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I work for an allergist practice. There *can* be false positives with the blood test for babies but Grant's level is pretty high which, in my opinion/experience, is a true positive. Ask the allergist at your appointment to do the skin prick allergy testing. It's much more accurate than the RAST. It won't hurt him at all. Don't let them tell you he's too young because he's not. I've skin tested a  2 month old before. Just make sure you don't give Grant any antihistamine medications starting 3 days before the appointment, they will block the test. As far as the peanut allergy goes, I've had children in my practice outgrow their allergy so there is hope. Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"