Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Share your experiences with the Essure procedure

Could anyone on here who has had the Essure procedure share their experience (or even knows someone close enough to have this knowledge)? This is something that I'm strongly considering because I love the idea of a permanent solution for birth control, however, I had a nightmare experience with the Paragard IUD (very painful insertion, bleeding for 9 months, constant cramping) and I'm worried that something like that will happen again for me even though I realize that they are two very different things.

Can you describe the procedure? How painful was it? How was the recovery? Side effects?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Share your experiences with the Essure procedure

• I had it done back in November.  I actually went under general anstehia (sp?) for the procedure, just because it was covered by my insurance.  I think the procedure took about 20 minutes.  I did bleed slightly for a few weeks, nothing near as bad as after child birth.  It was not painful at all, I had a day of cramping but it was not too bad.  I had to wait 4 weeks to have sex and there is nothing different in that department.  I had to be on birth control pills for 3 months, and I am now off of them.  So far no problems or complaints, I am glad I had it done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"