Parenting
Options

DDs bout w Influenza is scary

Poor DD she is so sick. I wrote earlier about her having influenza b. Talked to the pedi and she said to let her sleep and not wake her for meds. She said the fever will run high but since she doesn't have a history of febrile seizures she should be ok. She just woke up crying, vomited and then went back to sleep. Her temp is 103.5 and I didn't get an opportunity to even try any meds. So worried about her.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DDs bout w Influenza is scary

• Options
    Poor thing, it's the worst when they're sick. Hope she feels better soon!
  • Options
    Fevers scare the crap out of me. Amelia had the flu after Christmas, and she had a fever for the better part of two weeks. She was so weak, and disoriented, but the doctor wanted her to ride it out on her own. 
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That sucks, it's never fun when our LO's are sick. Hope she gets to feeling better soon! 

Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• Options
    It is scary. Try not to worry too much though. DD had the flu in mid January and she spiked at 105.6, we took her to the ER per our Pedi's guidance and the ER doc said the same thing, that the fever really is just a number and is going to scare you but it's their body fighting hard and to just let it do it's work. I asked at what number do we need to worry and he said don't. Just to make sure she was getting fluids and peeing ok. GL I know it's hard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If anything, I would wake to give her fluids. Keep some water or juice by her bed

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"