November 2012 Moms

Would you be concerned

DD is super congested and snot only comes out with her sneezes. She also woke up with extra eye crusties. No fever and normal behavior. I used some saline drops and suctioned her nose but its still pretty stuffy.

This is normal baby cold stuff, right? She has an appt in a week...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you be concerned

• We have had something similar going on for about a week. I called the doctor and they said as long as there was no fever to continue the saline drops, suction out what I could, elevate him when he sleeps to help with drainage, and use a cool mist humidifier to help break up the congestion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagepersephonerose:
    We have had something similar going on for about a week. I called the doctor and they said as long as there was no fever to continue the saline drops, suction out what I could, elevate him when he sleeps to help with drainage, and use a cool mist humidifier to help break up the congestion.

Thanks so much! She sure does hate those drops and suction though...
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, perfectly normal baby cold. I see tons of babies in the Pediatric ER where I work for the same symptoms. And I tell them to do exactly what you are already doing. Use the saline drops several times a day to help keep her nose clear.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageredwood807:
    We've had the exact same thing going on this week and then yesterday morning she woke up with a slight fever.nbsp; I took her to the dr and she has a minor ear infection. The streak has ended.nbsp; [:]Sound slike you're doing all the right things. Just keep at it!

Thanks!! I'm having such a hard time keeping her nose decrusted!!

Poor thing hates me for torturing her with the suction.
  • Normal baby cold! P has the same thing right now.
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have any advice or insights, but I just wanted to pop in and say I hope LO gets better soon!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"