Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Gerber Stage 3 - Problem!

Hi,  I have a 10 month old and I figured I should be starting her on Stage 3 food.  She never gave me a problem with eating anything until now.  I am guessing it is the texture she doesn't like?  Anyway, I am worried about her dropping weight because she wont even eat 3 oz of it.  Should I just go back to stage 2 food until she is ready?  Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Gerber Stage 3 - Problem!

• Options
    hi there...i encountered this problem with my dd (i have b/g twins).  she looooved her stage 2 purees, but can't get her to wolf down the stage 3 like she did with her stage 2s.  anyway, i just keep going at it hoping it's just a matter of time and her getting used to the texture.  sometimes what i'll do is i'll mix a bit of the stage 2 purees with the stage 3 stuff or i'll mix in her formula so it's a bit thinner, but the chunks are still there.
  • Options
    btw, i'm glad i'm not the only mother who buys her stage 3s...i was kinda feeling bad b/c i don't make my own baby food :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a problem with Stage 3s also. I think it a texture thing.  Stage 3s seem like thicker purees with chunks mixed in.  DS will eat purees (even thick ones) and will eat "chunks" of finger/table food, so I'm guessing he did not like the sensation of them mixed together (for example, for one Stage 3 pasta he basically at the pureed part and spit out the little pasta chunks).  I scrapped the Stage 3s and have stayed at Stage 2 purees and give him those along with table foods.  I figure we're heading towards all table foods anyway so I'm not going to waste my money on something he doesn't seem to like and won't eat in the long run anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageaeh72:
    We had a problem with Stage 3s also. I think it a texture thing.  Stage 3s seem like thicker purees with chunks mixed in.  DS will eat purees (even thick ones) and will eat "chunks" of finger/table food, so I'm guessing he did not like the sensation of them mixed together (for example, for one Stage 3 pasta he basically at the pureed part and spit out the little pasta chunks).  I scrapped the Stage 3s and have stayed at Stage 2 purees and give him those along with table foods.  I figure we're heading towards all table foods anyway so I'm not going to waste my money on something he doesn't seem to like and won't eat in the long run anyway.

I'd try this.

You can put a few things on the tray for LO to pick up and play with then slowly reduce the amount of the stage 2 food as the baby increases the amount of finger foods they are eating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS hasn't really liked Stage 3s much--as soon as he got over his gag reflex he wanted real food and would refuse all stage 3s. Have you tried regular food?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had the same problem. Beechnut makes a stage 2 1/2 called Textures. We went from purees, to textures, and now she is almost all on table food and she is barely 9 months. I highly suggest trying this. Worked for us and we are pretty much skipping stage 3 foods. I only use them if she can't have what we are eating. Good luck.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Neither one of my boys cared much for stage 3 foods, especially the kinds with big noodles like chicken & stars.  I made their baby cereal as usual and mixed in the stage 3 baby food, it helped the texture of the big chunks blend in so they weren't noticing them in such a stark contrast to the runny puree.  But I also started doing a lot more table foods for them to pick up at that point, so their diets never really relied on the step 3s.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DD hates stage 3 too. She loves table food and will barely eat any baby food anymore. I would just try table food and move on. That's what we had to do.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try a different brand. Walmart sells Sprout brand and my DD loves the stuff. It's great for when I cant share my food with her bc it's spicy or heavy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageaeh72:

This exactly! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"