Preemies

Teething?

I'm pretty sure my LO is teething. She is 6 months/3 months actual. She is sucking on everything she can get her hands on, then begins to gnaw afterwards, drools, and is waaaay more fussy than usual. I can usually calm her down by letting her gnaw on an ice pack, or rubbing my finger along her gumline. I've seen different medicines for teething for infants, has anybody on here used them for their preemie babe? What have you found that is safe and has worked? Thanks!

Re: Teething?

• This is a question for your pedi since we don't know the medical or medication history of your child. What might have worked for our preemies might not be safe for yours for a multitude of reasons.

For teething we use Tylenol and Ibuprofen. We waited until 6m adjusted to use Ibuprofen.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • We only ever used ibuprofen but my son didn't cut his first tooth until he was over a year old. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are only using ibuprofen too. My DD is almost a year old and we still have no teeth. I swore up and down she was teething back when she was 6 months old. Haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"