July 2012 Moms

childcare WWYD

LO has been in DC since mid october and doing really well there. Two days a week he is the only baby in the infant room and the rest of the week there is one other baby. For the most part I like the center, its like an inhome and center mixed. Pretty small. I like the two ladies that watch him although the morning lady bugs me sometimes. So here is the dilema

My close friend had a baby on vday and her sister will be her nanny when she goes. Back to work in May. Her sister reached out to me and offered to watch my LO as well. She said she would pick him up on the way to my friends house in the AM, just down the road and charge 200 less per month. She does have certifications and worked in a center previously.

Wwyd, stay at the small center? Go with the nanny at friends house? I'm conflicted and any thoughts, advice, opinons are greatly appreciated!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: childcare WWYD

• Do you know this person well? If you trust her I would say go for it.
  • I do, her sister I have been friends since high school, and I've know her since then. :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thats a pickle.

I agree w/ pp, if you know her well and think she would be able to handle the demands of a newborn and  7 month old, then why not?

Or maybe you could do a trial run with her and your LO for a day to see how they react together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it'll save you 200/month why not. Just make sure she's in it for the long run and won't change her mind a couple months down the road.
  • imagelkwelter:
    If it'll save you 200/month why not. Just make sure she's in it for the long run and won't change her mind a couple months down the road.

This, and I know it sounds silly, but would ask if she has plans or a back up for if she is sick or goes on vacation.  You don't want to be left in a lurch, just in case.

If all is good, and you like her, then go for it.

Shawnie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker img_0006
  • imageshawnie13:

imagelkwelter:
    If it'll save you 200/month why not. Just make sure she's in it for the long run and won't change her mind a couple months down the road.

This, and I know it sounds silly, but would ask if she has plans or a back up for if she is sick or goes on vacation.  You don't want to be left in a lurch, just in case.

If all is good, and you like her, then go for it.

This go for it, sounds like a win win for everyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• For the most part, the friend sounds better so you can save money.  For me what I would be considering, though, is do I trust this person to drive my child?
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecwm11985:
    For the most part, the friend sounds better so you can save money.  For me what I would be considering, though, is do I trust this person to drive my child?

This as well.   It would be important to me to know that she is a safe driver and I could trust her to drive LO around. 

• Saving $200 would be really nice.  That's a lot of money overtime.  Plus she would pick your baby up which makes life easy.  I would just meet with the sister and make sure she's a good fit for you.  If you feel the care is better at the other place, then stay there.

Like the other people said, maybe you could ask to do a trial too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"