March 2012 Moms

Silly silly DH!!!

So.. DH's job allows him down time at home. Usually he will watch DS on his home days but not always.

on Saturday I mentioned to DH that I WOULD LOVE a few hours to myself one day to catch up on Me time-I.E.-Pedicure, hair appt, horse time...whatever it may be. I mentioned that at least 5-7 days a month we send DS to daycare so hubby will have that alone time to do his stuff and I would love just a few hours here or there.

IT NEVER dawned on him that I NEVER have a day to myself. Not once had he ever even thought of it. Needless to say he died a thousand deaths and apoligized tremendously. He said he would make it a point to make sure i get a least one day a week to myself.

So Ladies....If you are in the same boat. Mention it to your man! Dont be like me a go a whole year without down time. LOL.

So this Saturday= Hair appt, Pedicure then much needed barn time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage

Re: Silly silly DH!!!

• I'm so glad you are getting some "me time."

My DH has to really, really work at getting me alone time. It never crosses his mind to do that for me. At all. It really doesn't happen though. I have no money to go out and do something (would involve a 45 minute drive to get somewhere) and would much prefer to be home all alone. But he has no where to go with the baby for that to happen. Plus, he has been working Saturdays so Sundays after church he has to do all his home chores (firewood, etc.).

I have the day before Mother's Day set aside as just for me. By then DD will be off the boob completely so DH and DD can take a drive down to visit his mother without me so much easier. It's a win-win. I get a day to myself for my MD gift and MIL gets time with her son and granddaughter.  And I don't have to see the in laws. So really, it will be a win-win-win. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I agree that sometimes being home alone is the best "me" time there is! DH takes DS to visit his grandma every other week and I have 2hrs to myself. It is amaaazing. I can get so much done in that time, plus still have time to relax.

I'm lucky that DH has 3-4 days off a week so I usually get "me" time pretty regularly. It's so important!

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Uhhhh JEALOUS! : but really happy for you!

For some reason, my DH thinks lack of me time is what being a parent means. Well, I think he thinks this. We have decided that I will only work part time on weekends after my maternity leave while he works 10 to 12 hour days during the week. I understand that he is tired from work, but man, do I NEED to have my time alone soon or I will go crazy soon if I haven't already!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"