December 2011 Moms

where does lo sleep

My ds starts out in his crib but always ends up in my bed. I just saw on the 1224 board lo sleeping in toddler beds. Are any of your lo sleeping in a toddler bed yet? If so how do you know when they are not in their bed anymore besides the monitor? Do you take like everything out of their room so they aren't getting hurt if they wake up and start pulling the dresser draws for example. They seem so young for this abd i mean that in the sense of where is my baby going so big. Thanks

Re: where does lo sleep

• DD sleeps in her crib at night and for naps.  I plan on keeping her there as long as possible!  I bought a 2nd crib for the new baby so I hope she doesnt start climbing out of hers in the next 2-3 months.  

I hope to transition her after #2 is STTN so around 2-2.5yrs.  We plan on going straight to a twin bed and skip the toddler bed. 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • DS stil sleeps in his crib.  He slept in our bed a lot until just a couple of months ago.  I think we transitioned DD to a toddler bed around the age of two, by which I mean we took the side off her crib (which is the same crib DS uses now) and she was able to get in and out on her own.  She slept through the night by that point (it took a long time!) and talked enough to understand she was supposed to stay in bed at night, though she still did get up and climb into our bed for a long time.  (Well, still does occasionally.)  I think we will do the same with DS, perhaps at a slightly earlier age, since he's taller than she was and I have friends whose boys were able to climb out of their cribs by two.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • DS still sleeps in his crib each night. I hope he doesn't try to climb out anytime soon!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• He sleeps in his crib in his room and will do that until he tries to climb out or outgrows it. 

I have a friends whose son climbed out of his crib at 13 months, so they transitioned him to a toddler bed at that time. I can't imagine! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• DD was moved to a toddler bed a few days before she turned 15 months because she climbed out.  She did well from day one.  DS is still in a crib and will likely stay there for a while yet since we still have issues with him STTN and he hasn't tried climbing out yet. 

With DD we took anything that she could get hurt with out of her room.  We were not worried about her dresser since there was no way she could move it, open the drawers, tip it over, etc.  We did leave some safe toys in there for her because she enjoyed getting out of bed and playing quietly for a few minutes before she fell to sleep.  We never worried about her staying in bed as long as she played quietly.  She always fell to sleep within a half an hour or so anyway.  We were lucky and she handled the transition to a toddler bed extremely well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS sleeps in his crib from about 8 until 11 and then comes into bed with us. Sometimes we're lucky and he'll stay asleep until 2 or 3. Lately with teething and a cold he's usually in our bed by 10.

I won't put him in a toddler bed until he climbs out of the crib or we move, whichever comes first. We plan on moving around his secon birthday.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS still sleeps in his crib in his own room. He slept in a pack and play in our room until he was 4 weeks old, and has been sleeping in his own room ever since. Other than occasional naps (such as when he's sick or when we travel) he doesn't sleep in our bed. We'll move him to his toddler bed when he starts climbing out of his crib.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He sleeps in his crib in his room. Sometimes I miss him and wish I had a good excuse to bring him into bed to cuddle but I know the reality is that he would keep me up all night and it would be miserable. 

I can't even think about a toddler bed! 

• DD2 sleeps in a crib. They only time she's ever sleeps with us is when she's sick. We transitioned DD1 to a toddler bed at 21ish months, and I think that was a little early. We never worried about anything in her room potentially hurting her. I think if you have that concern, you need to rearrange the room. When we first moved DD1, she did great about staying in bed at bedtime (nap time was an entirely different story). We've been through ups and downs on the whole going to bed thing. We've usually been able to tell when she's out of bed without a monitor, because we can hear her. We will probably wait to move DD2 until she is 2 or so. She sleeps so well in her crib right now. I'd hate to ruin it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ana sleeps in a pack n play in our room.

If she wakes up at night we may or may not bring her to our bed... it all depending why she woke up (if we woke her up, if she isn't feeling well, if she just woke up to wake up on her own...)

I have a few friends that have their little ones in a toddler bed already. Personally I think it's early, at least for Ana.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We moved ds1 at 22 months, only because he could climb out really easily! He did well, but I plan to keep ds2 in a crib for as long as possible. If he goes to kindergarten and is still in a crib it is fine by me. Lol!
    Cheeks? What cheeks?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A sleeps on a double mattress next to our queen mattress (also on the floor) in our room. We will be moving her into her own room in the next couple of months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD sleeps in her crib and has only ever slept in her crib.  I don't have plans to move to a bed (we'll move her right to a twin, not a toddler bed) until we have baby #2 or until she starts climbing out of the crib, whichever comes first.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"