October 2011 Moms

Moms of 2+, carseat ?

This may seem silly, but I have no idea how to configure 2 carseats in the back of our SUV for when DD2 arrives.

I know I'm probably overthinking it, but what "seat" do you put each carseat in?  Right now, L is RF in the middle, and I'd like to keep her RF (preferably until she's 16 lol)

Do I put her carseat behind the driver's side or the passenger side? Should I even put the infant carseat in the middle or should it just go to the opposite side of L's? I have a feeling if I put the infant carseat in the middle, L will try to reach over and grab her little sister.

Any advice from those BTDT moms?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Moms of 2+, carseat ?

• I don't know if it is correct, but when I had my nanny kids, I did preschooler behind passenger seat and infant in the center. I was scared that if I got t-boned, it would happen when I was making a left hand turn. If someone was coming from the left and I pulled out, they would slam into my drivers side. If someone was coming from the right and I pulled out, they would slam into the front nose of the car.....or the back end because my car most likely would have made the turn. If I am turning right, I would get rear ended if I pulled out in front of someone. Obviously this is all hypothetical, but that is just how I saw it happening and why I felt the passenger side was safer. There was only a small time frame when older kid would bug infant, and that was easily fixed by temporarily sliding a piece of cardboard between the car seats so older couldn't see/touch younger. I rarely had to resort to the cardboard trick, because older kid always wanted to at least be able to see infant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • When DD was in her infant seat I put it in the middle with DS's seat behind the drivers seat. I was afraid that he would mess with her or try to grab her too but it wasn't a problem.

I liked having DD in the middle so that I could easily sit next to her if DH was driving and she needed to be soothed. I also wore her a lot at the beginning so I would use the seat next to her to put her into the carrier.

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have my 2.5 yr old RFing behind the drivers seat and DS RFing behind the passenger. This is the only way I've found it works for me. When I go out this makes the most sense for me in terms of being most efficient putting the kids in the car.

I come outside carrying DS usually while DD walks. I walk around to the passenger side and stick DS in his seat. I open my trunk and stick DD in there and tell her to climb into her seat. While I'm strapping DS in my DD is climbing into her seat. Then I walk around to the drivers side, strap my DD in and am already on the correct side to get in the car and go.

I have captains seats in my 2nd row so there is no middle seat. I've tried it reversed with DS in the driver side and I was lost and couldn't do it.  

• I can get Violet's carseat in the middle in MH car (Britax roundabout) with a booster on the passenger side.  In my car I have a snug ride and it doesn't fit or sit right with a Audrey's car seat in next to it.  So V's seat is behind the driver and Audrey's is behind the passenger's.  Oliver rides up front since he is as tall as me and over 100 pounds.   I can not wait until Audrey can get out of the booster, she hates it.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • DD1 is behind the drivers seat of my SUV, RFing. DD2 is behind the passengers seat. I would put one of them in the middle but then Dd1 wouldn't leave the baby alone.

DH drives a crew can pick up truck. DD1 is RFing behind the passenger seat and DD2 is in the middle. When DD2 is in a convertible seat, we won't be able to RF DD1 in his truck. Not enough space :
  • Not a BTDT mom yet, but you might want to check that both seats fit in each spot before making the decision.  Right now, Lily is behind the passenger's seat (no LATCH in the middle and we would rather use that than seatbelts just for simplicity).  Our plan is to switch her seat to behind the driver's seat and put the new baby behind the passenger's seat, but we'll have to check that her seat can fit there.  We know that the infant carrier can fit behind the driver's seat, so if Lily's convertible can't we'll just do it that way.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Infant carier behind the passenger seat.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry for the late response, yesterday was a rough day so I didn't have much time to check in here.

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I think I will try to put L behind the driver's side and have DD2 behind the passenger seat, but as LCass said (she's so smart I swear I always agree with her lol) I should probably make sure that configuration actually works for our vehicle before DD2 arrives.

And Kagl, thank you for the play-by-play because I honestly was trying to figure that out but had no idea what to do haha

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"