Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

12 hours

Yesterday morning 2:30am I went to the ER due to severe cramps and I was already bleeding like a period. The pain was horrible! They struggled to get an IV in my hand because my hands are small and I have small veins. They eventually got it in after having to get a new needle and a new nurse. They took my blood and gave me fluids and pain and naseau medicine. It took a bit to do the blood work and it was around 6 when they came in and told me they were going to let me stay until my previously scheduled DnC at 9. They informed me I wasn't going to bleed to death and would be alright. After the doctor left I felt blood gush and rushed to the bathroom. For the next few hours in the hour before my appointment I had to rush to the bathroom gushing blood. I was so thankful for allowing me to stay at the hospital because I would have no way of how to handle this traumatic event at home. It was finally time for my surgery and they wheeled me over there and I was already prepped since I've already been there a few hours, they got me in a little early. I woke up to the nurses arguing over if they could talk to my mom on the phone. They weren't allowed to but since I was awake finally they let me talk to her. I was finally out of the surgery room and was back to the recovery where my fianc was he had been with me through it all. The doctor told me that since I had pretty much fully miscarried they only had to take a small bit out of me. Once I was able to urinate I was free to leave. So 2:30 pm came and I was out the door and finally free of my IV!!!

I wanted to share my story because I know it will help some woman hopefully. I didn't know what to expect and I know everyone is different.

Now it's all over I feel much better. But a little pampering is needed to rejuvenate my spirits.

Re: 12 hours

• Thanks for sharing your story. I'm very sorry for your loss. My husband treated me to a spa day after my m/c and it was nice to just relax and take my mind off of it. I hope whatever you do to pamper yourself does the same. 

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1 3.16.12. mmc 5.7.12 at 11 weeks ~Avery Cameron~

BFP #2 12.12.12. mmc 1.22.13 at 10 weeks ~Theodore Michael~

D&C #2 Chromosome analysis results: Translocation Trisomy 14

My RPL Testing: Homozygous MTHFR, normal karyotype

DH's karyotype results: Robertsonian Translocation 13:14

BFP #3 9.10.13 mc at 4 weeks~Our little May Flower~ 

BFP #4 10.13.13- Our Rainbow Baby, a little girl, arrived June 25, 2014! 

• My hubby has been great through mine as well.

I took off the week he took most of it off. We are going today to look at cars I need to trade my SUV in for a commuter car. I drive and hour to work and gas is so expensive.

We were going to wait but I think he wants to distract me since he knows I love gadgets ect.

Feel better yes little pampering helps and knowing you have friends family and our bump friends help as well.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"