February 2013 Moms
Options

any burping tricks?

We have been having such a hard time getting DD to burp lately.  She's only 10 days old and is formula-fed.  Up until recently, we could burp her no problem.  Now we have to try 15 different positions and usually do not succeed.  She ends up spitting up about 30 mins later.  Does anyone have any tricks they could share?  I feel so bad :(

image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: any burping tricks?

• Options
    I learned a trick from a NICU nurse when LO spent some time there for low body temp and not eating.  She would sit him on the her knee and then holding his head and chest rock him in a circular motion clockwise and after a little while counterclockwise.  It worked really well for us.  It definitely looks weird, but when all else failed this always worked.  
  • Options
    Are you holding your LO in an upright position for 20-30 minutes after the feeding is done too? Mind you, my DS is BF, but if we lay him all the way down before he can digest he spits up. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageyhaener:
    I learned a trick from a NICU nurse when LO spent some time there for low body temp and not eating.  She would sit him on the her knee and then holding his head and chest rock him in a circular motion clockwise and after a little while counterclockwise.  It worked really well for us.  It definitely looks weird, but when all else failed this always worked.  

This!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageRosebean:
    Are you holding your LO in an upright position for 2030 minutes after the feeding is done too? Mind you, my DS is BF, but if we lay him all the way down before he can digest he spits up.nbsp;

Same here. I nurse DD, and if I don't hold her upright for a bit after each feeding, spit up city! It's actually what I'm doing right now. Sometimes I pass her off to DH for that part of the task, but he just changed her diaper before I nursed her, so he gets a pass this time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"