Working Moms
Options

Questions to ask Nanny references

My son is in daycare, but the daycare closes for one week in March.  Through my neighborhood list serve, I found a young mom who is looking to stay at home and watch others kids.  She's agreed to watch my 6-month old son for the week when his daycare is closed.  I visited her and she seemed nice and it seems like a good fit for short term care.  I do want to call her references just to cover my bases.  Any suggestions for questions I can ask her references?  I'm assuming they like her if she gave them as a reference.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions to ask Nanny references

• Options

what did you like best about her

what didnt you like or would want her to change

would you use her again

how her kids figured into the arrangements

• Options
    to be honest, my daughter's former daycare provider and I became really good friends and I unfortunately lost my job and had to pull her out of daycare. I was at her house for play dates a lot so my daughter could still see her friends. before any of this happened, I told her she could use me as a reference. After seeing what really went on in her home, I would not recommend her as a day care provider. nothing bad ever happened, but I was paying her to teach my child and she really knew how to put on a show for parents, she was more like a baby sitter that just wanted to be home all day and get paid. ask her for some references of former children she no longer watches. if she won't give you those, then I would steer clear. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"