1st Trimester

2nd and 3rd time mamas

How much more quickly did you start showing with 2 and 3? This is my third and I feel like I was showing pretty well by 12. But my doc said things are really going to start moving this time... Does she mean even faster? I would really love to wait until 14 weeks and my 2nd doc appt. before I tell my students but I am already really self conscious about my belly already!

Re: 2nd and 3rd time mamas

• I feel like I am showing now at 10 weeks!  But I know a lot of it is bloat.  However the bloat this time around is waaay worse and more pronounced then it was the first time around.  I will be telling work after my Verifi test which I will be 11 weeks.  I can't hide it much longer.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm a big girl already, pregnant with number 3 and am only 7 weeks.  I am not showing yet.  Not bloating either, that I can tell.  Your body has memory, though, and I think I'll (you'll) start showing earlier than before.

What age are your students?  If they are elementary, they might not notice anyway.  Just wear long shirts and use the rubberband trick.

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 10 weeks along with my 2nd and I feel like I'm already showing. I'm also way more hungry this time around.

Some friends/co-workers have commented that I'm already showing but I think it's mostly just a food baby. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest! image image
  • This second baby shiz is no joke. I am wearing maternity pants at 6 weeks. However, the scale says I haven't gained a pound but I am definitely sporting a belly like I was at about 18 weeks with DS. It's just bloat, but it is more comfortable in maternity jeans.

ETA: I also don't have anyone to hide it from. I SAH and am in yoga pants 98% of the time. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSnugshine1018:
    I'm a big girl already, pregnant with number 3nbsp;and am only 7 weeks.nbsp; I am not showing yet.nbsp; Not bloating either, that I can tell.nbsp; Your body has memory, though, and I think I'll you'll start showing earlier than before.
    What age are your students?nbsp; If they are elementary, they might not notice anyway.nbsp; Just wear long shirts and use the rubberband trick.
    Good luck!

Thanks!! Unfortunately I am a dance teacher in a public high school so not only am I with kids who notice everything, I was wearing tight dance tops. Now I'm in baggy tshirts and hoping they didn't notice the baby weight I just recently lost!!!
  • This is my 2nd, but with DS being born 10 years ago next month I can't tell you when I started to show with him. But I have also been in either maturnity pants or a belly band since week 5. I know it is bloat because I can still distinguish the fat from the baby bump. But I can not button any of my pants.
    DS 3/25/03 awaiting 2nd arrival due 9/23/13
  • I'm 9w5d and have been in maternity pants for at least 2 weeks already. I am also a SAH mom so I only have to hide it when I pick my son up from preschool. We have seen the heartbeat 3 times, so we will probably start telling folks next week...I can't stay in the house for another 2 weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually just went to the Dr today and we talked about this. She said with each subsequent pregnancy you look like your 1.5--2 months farther along than you are. So far that's seems right on track for me! I'm only 5 weeks and feel more like I'm 10 weeks.

There's a blog I read where the mom just had her 3rd and she posted weekly pics. She was very round very quick with her 3rd.

• I am 11.5 weeks and when I lay down I can see my ute poking up a bit. this is earlier than with DS but not by that much. I feel like I am where I was at when I was about 15-16 weeks with him. When I stand up I just look blobby and bloaty. 
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • Last time around I made it to 19 weeks without wearing maternity clothes.  That won't be the case this time around!  I am already eyeing up some comfy maternity pants!  I really think it is true that you pop out so much quicker the 2nd (and subsequent times). 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecatycate:

This second baby shiz is no joke. I am wearing maternity pants at 6 weeks. However, the scale says I haven't gained a pound but I am definitely sporting a belly like I was at about 18 weeks with DS. It's just bloat, but it is more comfortable in maternity jeans.

ETA: I also don't have anyone to hide it from. I SAH and am in yoga pants 98% of the time. 

I LOVE YOGA PANTS!!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"