1st Trimester
Options

Did you cry?

Just got back from my first u/s. Seeing my baby made it so real! He or she was lookin at us from the side, looked like a teddy bear. Then s/he turned and looked up, then started kicking and waving. When it turned back to its side we could see and hear its heartbeat.

I got all tearyeyed and choked up. Anyone else??

Re: Did you cry?

• Options
    Me and DH both cried the first time we saw and heard the heartbeat.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    No ultrasound yet, but we heard the baby's heartbeat (doppler) today, and we both teared up a little.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    our first u/s showed us twins. my DH went COLD, I thought he was going to faint. I was crying and so was my Mom.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    Definitely!
  • Options
    No, Dh made a joke about the way it sounded so we giggled.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was crying so much the U/S tech asked me if they were happy tears lol... I still get happy tearyeyed when I think back to that appointment.. I have my NT scan on Monday and am so excited to see the baby (I just hope we can hear the heartbeat too... if not I have a follow up with my OB on the 14th so I will get to hear the heart then) 
  • Options
    I cried and so did DH.  Though he said it was more my reaction and seeing me so emotional that got him, but I saw him staring at that screen :)  We also laughed together as baby did flips and decided to stay upside down.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    When we first heard the heartbeat I definitely teared up, my husband not so much until our new doctor got him to find the heartbeat with the doppler. I think that made him connect more.
  • Options
    I always get choked up the first time I hear the heart beat and the first U/S.  Life is so amazing... it is such a miracle!  And its so awesome to be the one carrying the miracle!  Guys don't know what they are missing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I didn't cry this time. I guess it was because I was just so relieved that everything was alright. I had an u/s today due to some spotting. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought I would, but I didn't. Neither did the hubs. I think we were still in shock.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    TNB82TNB82 member

Oh no!!  Didn't get emotional at all, either one of us.  What the heck is wrong with us???  Was interested to see fingers, toes, and all that jazz- but didn't feel overcome with emotion-either happy or sad.  I hope I'll be a good mom : (

I think your reaction is beautiful!!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"