Infertility Veterans
Options

Yay me...

So the fun never stops around here!!!

I'm going to have to schedule a Growth Hormone Stimulation test sometime soon, which I knew, but I just was looking up the details of the test. The put an IV in, draw blood, pump you full of hormones for 1/2 hour, more blood, more hormones, ....then 4 blood draws every 1/2 hour after that. All this on an empty stomach first thing in the morning too. Yay, can't wait.

On top of that ....my Endocrinologist's fellow called me to to say I need to have a "consultation" with her before I can even schedule the stim test. Thats right ladies, not one but TWO days off without pay from my new job. Urgh.

Last year the Endo held up my medicated cycles 4 months so I'm having deja vu....

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
  • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
  • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
  • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
  • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
  • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

Re: Yay me...

• Options
    Oh no that sounds rough. My endo tried to hold up my last cycle too so I lied to him and told him it was delayed and got clearance from a quack of a dr. I know, not my proudest moment but my endo is a controlling pain in the....
    What is that test for?
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

• Options

imagePrettyAccountant:
    Oh no that sounds rough. My endo tried to hold up my last cycle too so I lied to him and told him it was delayed and got clearance from a quack of a dr. I know, not my proudest moment but my endo is a controlling pain in the.... What is that test for?

Last year they kept telling me they thought my pituitary was detached from the brain!!!!  I was getting so frustrated I yelled at the fellow on the phone and told her I was going to get another doctor unless they told my RE what they thought would work to get me pregnant. Thats when I finally was able to start my medicated cycles.

The test is to see if I have the adult form of Growth Hormone Deficiency.....I had it as a child but they also diagnosed me back then (20 plus years ago) with something called Panhypopituitarism which would mean that I had no endocrine hormones. That isn't true, so they're trying to figure out if I just still have GHD as an adult. I was put on HGH 10 years ago by the Endo I had back then but lost insurance yadda yadda and went off the injections. If the stim test comes back to show an adult deficiency then I'll be permanently on daily HGH injections. Which stinks but....if it helps my egg quality (and quality of life in general) then so be it I guess!!

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow. I'm not sure if I say I hope they find something or not! I mean if it helps you get pg then yes find something but I don't know what the implications on your health is if they find something. Is it too wishful thinking to hope they find something that a simple pill will fix and you can get pg?
    Whatever they find, I hope it gets you pg with your take home baby!
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

• Options

Yikes! That sounds horrible. Sorry it's on the docket for you. Let us know when you're having that test and we'll send you lots of love that day.

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Options

imagePrettyAccountant:
    Oh wow. I'm not sure if I say I hope they find something or not! I mean if it helps you get pg then yes find something but I don't know what the implications on your health is if they find something. Is it too wishful thinking to hope they find something that a simple pill will fix and you can get pg? Whatever they find, I hope it gets you pg with your take home baby!

Well on one hand I hope they do find I have a deficiency so I can have some hopes for a take home baby with my OE. However, if they do find it I'd be on daily injections the rest of my life similar to being diabetic. Although, if there is a deficiency and its not treated then my quality of life as years go on will be impaired. Also....you see a lot of informercials for HGH and weight loss? Oh yeah, thats what will be in my fridge with a prescription....hello 125lbs, LOL haha

Anniversary

• Options
    imageBzeetyD:

Yikes! That sounds horrible. Sorry it's on the docket for you. Let us know when you're having that test and we'll send you lots of love that day.

I'll need it that day, thanks :)

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"