July 2012 Moms

F*cking pump, ugh.

If it's not one thing it's another. 

I have an Ameda Purely Yours and the whole time I've had it it's been "glitchy" when I first turn it on. It corrects itself once I turn up the suction but the first few seconds always hurt. I finally called Ameda about it and they sent me a new pump - yay!

I got the new pump today and was super pumped (ha) to try it out. It's not glitchy at all and has good suction at first but after a few pumps the clear silicone diaphragms (the cup looking thing) collapse on themselves and stop giving good suction. The problem is still there even if I change all of the parts out. What gives? I would totally call them but they are closed for the day. I'll call them tomorrow but in the meantime does anyone have any solutions for uncollapsing them? I'd like to get it working tonight because I think, or hope rather, that I'll get better output from this new pump.

I EP and I'll be so pissed if my sh*tty supply was due to a jank pump all along.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: F*cking pump, ugh.

• That is so weird. I have the Ameda PY and love it.  I have never had an issue with mine since I started using it at 6 weeks postpartum.  Is your flange dry, like where you put the silicone cup in?  I noticed that when mine was wet it would cause the silicone cup to stay collapsed. Also is the white cap connected well? I assume it is but maybe double check that when you set it up.  I would call Ameda and see what they say.
  • Yeah I readjusted the white caps several times to no avail.

It's all dry when I put it together but milk splashes up to the silicone cup during the pump making them wet. But there's not much I can do about that...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"