1st Trimester

Anyone else overly anxious?

I have been so anxious about everything regarding my pregnancy.  I am 8 weeks and 6 days, and I had my first sonogram last week and everything with the baby was perfect.  I've had all the typical pregnancy symptoms, nausea, exhaustion, etc.  I've had daily light spotting when I wipe and my doctor said it was fine, and I actually may just have a more sensitive cervix.  Even though I know I was told it was fine and the sonogram was great I still feel anxious every time I go to the bathroom.  Is anyone else experiencing the spotting or feeling this anxious about it?  How do you cope with the anxiety?

I also just scheduled my first trimester screening for 3 weeks from now, and I am beyond anxious about that as well.  I really don't think anything is wrong with my baby, but I am so afraid that I will get bad news like I'll need further testing because I am high risk or show up and the baby won't have a heartbeat.

I have no real reason to worry constantly like this and I feel crazy.  Is anyone else out there this anxious?  What have you done to alleviate it?

Re: Anyone else overly anxious?

• I haven't had any spotting, but I tend to love to get on the Internet and read about everything and when I seem to feel stressed or anxious I go on a walk or take a bath and listen to nature sounds or classical music.
  • I know what you're going through and although I am a ftm I think the anxiety is pretty normal. For me, I keep thinking I am going to miscarry, I have had some spotting too but have been told its totally normal. I keep trying to just relax since I know stress is my enemy. Hope it helps to know you are not alone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, try to relax for sure. I think everyone is nervous and worried esp. FTMs. I am worried that my baby won't have a heartbeat or I'll miscarry as well. Try not to worry TOO much and do some relaxing as much as you are able and keep busy!

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is nerve-wrecking even for second time moms. I just repeat: "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby" daily and try to breathe. I started going to yoga classes twice a week and play with my toddler as much as possible.

I was on medication for anxiety before getting pregnant, so this is a whole new ballgame for me. No way to really avoid anxiety, just have to deal with it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I feel the same way! I am so anxious for our first u/s in 2 weeks...I'm thinking I'll be relieved once we hear the heartbeat but I'm sure I'll just continue to worry! 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • I'm right there with ya.  I only have one tube so I'm having my first US on Friday to make sure baby is in the right spot.  But yeah, I'm freaking out about everything being ok.  I just want to hear that heartbeat! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I miscarried my first pregnancy at 9 weeks. This time around, at my first appointment with my doctor they squeezed me into an ultrasound because I had spotting and stretchy discharge. The heartbeat was a bit low, so they had me come back in a week for a repeat ultrasound (which I did yesterday). Heartbeat was normal! Now I'm just waiting to get through the first trimester. Once I get there, I feel like I will be able to breathe a bit easier.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yup, just as much as a nervous wreck as you are!  I am coping by looking at the boards and reading about everyone else freaking out just as much....  Love this site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"