Babies: 0 - 3 Months

something on her eye?

stupid question alert my little girl has something on her eye ball lint, dirt, can't tell really it has been there the past couple of days. it doesn't seem to bother her but, of course, is worrying me.

i've tried making her blink her eye blowing on her eye to get it out w no success. what should i do? leave it alone? gently put my finger in her and physically get it out? call her doc?

any thoughts appreciated!

Re: something on her eye?

• maybe a dropper with water in it to flush the eye?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• imageamberdb72:
    maybe a dropper with water in it to flush the eye?

this 

• Loading the player...
  • so simple. she is asleep right now but i will try these suggestions when she wakes up. thank you!
  • Perhaps I'm evil, but this has happened to my son twice now (he's almost a month old,) and I just leave it and it comes out on its own eventually. He doesn't seem concerned about it.
  • imageBridehilda:
    Perhaps I'm evil, but this has happened to my son twice now he's almost a month old, and I just leave it and it comes out on its own eventually. He doesn't seem concerned about it.

This. I have just left it alone when this happens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    Wet washcloth?

I'd go this route.  My LO had a cold this past week so she kept getting little eye boogers.  I'd use a clean, warm washcloth and just wipe down her eye a few times, from the inside of the eye to the outside.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejjgal:
    imageBridehilda:
    Perhaps I'm evil, but this has happened to my son twice now he's almost a month old, and I just leave it and it comes out on its own eventually. He doesn't seem concerned about it.
    This. I have just left it alone when this happens.

Exactly..I wouldn't mess with eyes. If it is something that is hurting him...call his doctor. Otherwise, just like we do, he will blink it out eventually.  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• My baby get things in his eye too. I usually get a warm wash cloth and just clean around the eye. You dont want to put the wash cloth on the baby's eye ball, that will irritate it.

Otherwise, if i cant get it out, i just leave it and it usualy resolves itself.

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"