Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

IBS

Does anyone have a young infant that seems to always pull up and arch their backs in pain a lot? Our 14 month old constantly does this, especially after meal time and never has a good nights sleep; in fact she hasn't slept through the night since this past August! She is always waking up crying and just can't sleep and be still; she is always restless and thrashing around all during the night. She has also had a lot of constipation problems resulting in her being on a daily laxative to help. Just wondering if this could be a sign of Irritable bowel syndrome and if anyone else has gone through this!

Re: IBS

• Back arching and sleeping problems can be signs of acid reflux. Has LO ever been treated for reflux?
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • have you done an elimination of foods to try to identify triggers?  wheat, dairy, and soy are big ones.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No she hasn't. When I asked our family doctor she told me it wasn't acid reflux, that it was nothing to worry about. We are seeing a pediatrician in March but I wanted to get some ideas from people so when I see this doctor we can hopefully test for different things :)
  • Between the signs of pain and the constipation, I would put my money on a food sensitivity. 
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"