TTC after 35

No AF or BFP...Thoughts, Please!

Hi ladies,

I don't post that often so hope it's okay to ask a question.  I am on CD33, 15DPO (based on a positive OPK) with no sign of AF or BFP.  I took Clomid 100mg days 5-9 and understand that it can cause a longer luteal phase resulting in a delayed period.  After consulting with my RE he said to come in on Friday for an u/s to see if I have any cysts that are delaying my period.   I am really nervous about this.

Do any of you ladies have any experience with a delayed period while on Clomid? If I do have cysts, what normally happens?  Is it possible that the OPK was wrong and I ovulated later than expected?  Just trying to rationalize why I have not gotten my period.  I am a nervous wreck.

I appreciate your thoughts. 

Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

Re: No AF or BFP...Thoughts, Please!

• Hi there,

I am on my second round of Clomid.  My period was delayed the first time, but it was because I was taking progesterone.  It totally screwed me up. I've heard that Clomid doesn't delay AF but progesterone does. However, everyone is different.  Are you on progesterone?  I don't know about cysts and the impact to delaying your period.

Other than that, I'm not sure.  Unless you confirm with a temp shift, I'm not sure you can rely exactly on the OPKs.  OPKs detect a surge that occur 24-48 hours after a very strong positive.  Also, what is your usual LP?  If it's 14 days and you ovulated 48 hours after the OPK - you may not be late yet.

Regardless, sorry you're going through this.  It's so frustrating to be in no mans land - hold tight! 

Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Hi Lenox,

My progesterone was 16.09 7dpo, so nope, I am not taking supplements.  My RE said that one of my follicles could still be producing progesterone from ovulation and that could be delaying my period; he said follicular cysts are not uncommon taking a higher Clomid dosage.  (I hope that makes sense!)   

I have not been tempting but sure plan to after this cycle is over!  To be honest, I am not sure what my LP is.  I was on BCP for 20+ years, then started TTC in July 12.  Ever since then, my cycles have been all over the place.  I just hope something happens soon so I can move on to the next cycle.

Indeed, the TWW stinks for all of us!!!!!! 

Thanks for your support :)

Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• Loading the player...
  • I hope you hear good news soon!
    Anniversary
  • If your cycles are not consistant your RE will make it so ;) So I am guessing you did clomid without triggers, and just BD according to OPK? Sometimes those OPK are not accurate because it sometimes those with pcos (like me) may not actually have a lh surge, but the another hormone kinda drops looking like a surge....when the RE explained that to me it made so much more sense....so its like a false + but not really.....gosh does any of that make sense? Bottom line I am saying is you may not have O....

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• imageHeathernSteven:
    If your cycles are not consistant your RE will make it so ;) So I am guessing you did clomid without triggers, and just BD according to OPK? Sometimes those OPK are not accurate because it sometimes those with pcos (like me) may not actually have a lh surge, but the another hormone kinda drops looking like a surge....when the RE explained that to me it made so much more sense....so its like a false + but not really.....gosh does any of that make sense? Bottom line I am saying is you may not have O....

Hi HeathernSteven,

That is correct, we did not triger, just did TI w/ both OPK and CBEFM.  I got two LH peaks on CD17 and CD18 with the CBEFM; OPK confirmed the surge.  When I did my progesterone test 7dpo, the RE said "You had a nice, strong ovulation.... 100mg works for you."    Gosh, I am so confused.  This is the first time in my life I have ever had this long of a cycle.  Just don't know what to make of it.

• Oh good glad you O'd!! Keep us posted Tomorrow!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• imageHeathernSteven:
    Oh good glad you O'd!! Keep us posted Tomorrow!!

Well, thank goodness the u/s went well.  The RE said no cysts, my lining and ovaries looked great....whew, what a relief!  He said I should expect to get AF in the next day or two.  While waiting in line for my next Clomid rx at the pharmacy, the ugly witch showed her face :)  I never was so happy to see her this month.   

I bought a BBT too, so between charting, OPKs, CBEFM, and preseed, I hope this cycle is the one.

Wishing us all BFPs soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"