Working Moms
Options

infant care rates?

If you are comfortable sharing I would appreciate some input on what you pay either at a center or for in home daycare. (Preferably in the DC MD PA area) I am just trying to get an estimate/range for future reference. I've got some calls in to centers but am curious what others pay. I don't need to know the location at all, just a basic estimate. Thanks. 

Re: infant care rates?

• Options

Your local board will probably be much more helpful since rates can be ridiculously varied depending on where we live. 

My DD is at a DCC and I pay $45/day for two full days per week, they feed her two meals and snacks throughout the day but I provide all the food and formula.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I live in NYC (Manhattan) so this may be comparable- I pay $1600/mo for infant daycare. The board of health won't allow for anything but full time rates bc of the crib use

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It REALLY depends on where you are - I live inside the Beltway and paid $300/week for an in-home.  I've heard +/- $50 for other inside the Beltway/not DC in-homes.  Centers run a bit more.  Prices seem to be lower for the closer-in outside the Beltway suburbs, but if you're talking more like Gettysburg, my inside-the-Beltway experience will be significantly different.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm in WA state and it was $200-$250/week for infant care around here. Moreso if I was living in Seattle.  So about $1000/month when my daughter was an infant.
    image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    At our center in DC, the infant room is just over $1600 a month.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

small town lcol and we pay $100/week for each child.

We supply diapers/wipes, breastmilk (or forumula for those who ff) and our provider takes care of any food and snacks.

ETA: we use in home daycare

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

$242/week in a relatively LCOL area (Green Bay, Wisconsin) for ages 6 wks to 24 months.

Nationally accredited daycare center.  While its expensive, we're very happy with the care he receives.

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    Outside the beltway MD between DC and baltimore: $378/week for a center. They provide 2 meals and 2 snacks, including milk for toddlers; I provided breastmilk and "first foods" when she was in infants.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It varies so widely by area, but it sounds like you are in a fairly HCOL area. In Chicago, centers are about $300-400/wk. on average.
  • Options
    I live in rural MD, and pay 140 a week at a church center.
  • Options
    $1,300 p/m (Northern CA) @ a daycare center (excluding diapers, wipes, milk).
  • Options
    Philly - anything from around  275-400/week in a center.
  • Options
    I am very lucky my mom is the in home daycare. We pay her 1/2 the normal rate. We pay 600/ month for two kids for about 33 hours a week. Of course I compromise on their structure discipline because she is a stereotypical grandma of wanting to spoil them. So we are working on those things.
  • Options
    the infant room at ours is 295.00/week.
  • Options
    Wow, after reading some of these prices, I feel blessed. We DS was in the infant room we paid 704/month. That was for 4 full days per week at a center.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in NV and it is 210 a week for five days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I'm in Central PA.  We pay $215/wk at a daycare center.  That seemed to be the average for the centers around here. 
  • Options
    My son is at an in-home daycare in the DC suburbs (VA) and we pay $940/month for full-time care M-F. Since he's still an infant we bring his bottles and food right now, but when he is off formula and eating all table food, daycare provides breakfast and lunch (included in the monthly rate).   When I was researching in-home daycares, the ones I talked to were around the same rate/month and all included meals.  The large daycare centers in our area (Minnieland, Goddard, and Winwood) were priced anywhere between $1,110-$1600/month for a FT infant care.  I can't remember if that included meals but I sure hope it would for that much money!
  • Options

I'm in NOVA -- we pay $250/week for in-home with our current provider, but are in the process of switching -- the new one is $225/week (also at-home daycare).  Our current provider supplies diapers and wipes; the new one does not. 

From when we were looking, $250 seems to be about the top for at-home; the lowest we found was $135.  Nice woman, but seemed to cater to a more military audience.

We did look at centers, but opted against them.  The cheapest we found was $305/week (Sparkles).  The most expensive was Winwood at $381/week (no current openings, fyi)

• Options
    We live in the NOVA area. We paid 150 for in home and 235 for a center. The Minnieville near us was 295. The center I work at charges 383.
  • Options

I am in metro-detroit, for extended hours (more than 6 hrs/day) 4 days a week the cost is $1025 / month. So it runs about $65/day.

Edit: Sorry - this is a day-care center with a 4:1 ratio. They will feed snacks and food as needed but you provide it - when the kids get older there are meal options for cost also. 

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We live in Renton WA just 15 minutes outside Seattle WA. 

We had a nanny for $22/hr until the twins were one. Now we pay $980 each ($1960.00/month) for both at a small private center close to home.

My job downtown has a daycare for about $1600.00 each (3200.00/month) and another day care very close to home is $1225 each (2450/month). 

TTC since March 2010 BFP: 10/12/2010 Beta #1 (10/15/2010 14 DPO): 498 Beta #2 (10/18/2010 17 DPO): 2000 1st Ultrasound : 11/03/2010 -- Three heart beats!!! WOW! u/s & NT Scan: (12/14/2010): 12 wks 4 days: Lost Baby C :( A and B Strong & Healthy! Anatomy Scan 01/28/2011: Its A Boy AND a Girl!!! :)Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"