January 2013 Moms
Options

mommy flu?

I'm so sick today! I got the flu shot, but I sure feel like this could be the flu. I haven't thrown up yet, but I feel like I could. I'm freezing with the chills, have stomach pains and feel nauseated. No fever.

Any tips on taking care of LO while sick? I don't want to pass it to her, but DH works during the day so I'm on my own

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: mommy flu?

• Options
    Hope u feel better
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt like that a few weeks ago. But it turned out to be from a lack of sleep. Maybe try taking a nap. Otherwise wash your hands alot and avoid kissing and extra unnecessary contact if possible. But try a nap. It seriously did help me then I made DH take over that night and woke up feeling a million times better the next day. Feel better!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wash your hands before handling her at all, don't speak directly into her face to avoid any droplets getting into her mouth or eyes, and if you feel you need to cough or sneeze, try going to another room to do so.

Hope you feel better soon! 

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageknittylady:

Wash your hands before handling her at all, don't speak directly into her face to avoid any droplets getting into her mouth or eyes, and if you feel you need to cough or sneeze, try going to another room to do so.

Hope you feel better soon! 

All of this, just be extra cautious and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer constantly and try to stay out of her face and avoid those kisses...I know...it's hard but I'd rather do that then have a baby with the flu.  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh no! Being sick is the worst! Take care of yourself! Chicken soup and lots of fluids!!!
  • Options

Bummer.  It's the worst when you're sick and have to care for LO.  Both because you feel like crap and also because you're worried about passing it to them, but can't keep your distance!

PPs have already had some great suggestions, but I wanted to add that if you're nursing your LO is benefiting from the antibodies that your body is making to fight whatever illness you're dealing with.  It will help them to fight off the illness so that hopefully they won't get sick themselves!

Also, probably not the flu without a fever, so that's good!  Doesn't mean it's not another icky virus though :/

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I know you didn't mention any of this, but are you nursing? If so, are you having any engorgement or pain in your breasts? Mastitis is a lot like the flu and needs to be treated with antibiotics. Just wanted to throw that out there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the PP that mentioned mastitis, it can mimic flu symptoms so keep an eye out for that.

Fyi... The flu shoot only protects against the respiratory flu, not the stomach flu. So you can get the pukey flu even if you had a flu shot. Unfortunate but true.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"