VBAC
Options

Expecting Mama Check In - Week of February 25

1.   How are you feeling?

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc.

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES

Re: Expecting Mama Check In - Week of February 25

• Options

1.   How are you feeling?  I'm feeling good.  I've noticed my feet are starting to swell some - my shoes are getting tight. 

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc.  I have my first two week appointment this week.  I'll get my official glucose test and iron level check results. 

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?   This will be my 2nd VBAC, so they are very supporive.  It's a non-issue during appointments - attempting another VBAC?  Yes?  Great.  I will start asking about conditions/restrictions, etc. now that I'm getting closer and see if anything is different as this is my 2nd go 'round.

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around?   I needed a new glider and I purchased a Rock n Play sleeper because I've heard great things about them.  Now I'm purchasing some boy clothes, but I'm trying not to go overboard. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

1. How are you feeling? Pretty well.  I'm noticing some foot/ankle swelling in the evenings as well.  Other soreness depends on what I've been doing all day.

2. Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. I had an OB appt on Wednesday.  She's referring us to a perinatologist due to an odd shape to LO's head.  That appt is scheduled for Thursday.  It will include a Level 2 scan and immediate consult.  They said to plan for 2hrs. At least we'll get results right away.

3. How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC? Amazing.  I asked my OB on Weds. how supportive the other 3 Drs in the practice are for VBAC in case another is on call when I go into labor.  She said 99.9% of the time they are on call for each other and all have excellent VBAC rates, "Any of them will look at your chart and be good to go. You're that great a candidate."

4. Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? I haven't bought a lot but I mentioned new bedding and my mom and aunt bought it for me. I got some new curtains to match today at Target and have picked up a couple outfits on sale since my other girls were fall/winter babies.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling?
    Alright, though I was sick again last week. That makes being sick for 3 different times this winter not including pregnancy stuff.

2. Any updates this week appointments, test, etc.
    We had our ultrasound Tuesday and baby is healthy and a girl! Before that though I got a call informing me I have GD. I see the nutritionist tomorrow.

3. How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?
    I was told so long as I can control the GD with diet than I can still see the midwives and VBAC!

4. Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around?
    A lot but LO is a different sex! So clothes and what not. We need a pack and play. But we are reusing all the other stuff!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Okay. Ready to be done..

At my appointment last week I was at a 3 and 70% effaced, I was supposed to get the GBS test done, but my OB wanted to wait another week. I'll be getting that done this week as well as get checked again, my DH's JH basketball team made it to State finals and I really want to go with but he'll only let me go if nothing much has changed.

Very, at the practice where she used to work, she did hundreds of them.  

We need to get another PNP since DS is still in his, I'll probably just look around for a used one. Maybe a bigger dresser and then just put both boy's stuff in the same one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1.   How are you feeling?  I am OK.  I am starting to get uncomfortable though.

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc.  Consult with the surgeon at the hospital to get the OK for the VBAC!  Myh Midwife doesnt see any concern, but I guess it is just policy.

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?  VERY!  I switched to an all midwife practice with a very high vbac rate and they are very supportive.   

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around?  I think I will be getting that rock and play sleeper thing.  I have heard from sooo many people that it is amazing!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1.   How are you feeling?

Mostly OK - I've been having trouble staying hydrated which is a pain. I've had a couple of contractions - nothing even close to regular - (2 last night and one this morning). Way to early for labor but I'm glad it happened, last time they started my epidural before I felt my first contraction, so I had no idea what they felt like in the beginning. I have only ever felt the ones at the end when they turned off my epi and I had the urge to push. Anyway - I think the contrax are caused by my dehydration but I honestly can't drink anymore.  

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc.

I have my regular appt tomorrow - I have an US next Wed.  

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?

I have a group practice. Two of the doctors are very supportive and two are NOT. 50/50 chance I guess when I deliver. Baby is still breech and I don't think I would want to try ECV so all this worrying for all this time may be moot. 

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? 

My daughter is 7 - we need new EVERYTHING.  
    Daughter E 08/31/2005
    Little Sister on the Way 04/23/2013
  • Options

1.   How are you feeling? Still nauseous!  So ready for 2nd trimester.

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. I have an appointment with a new OB TODAY!

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?  My current OB is lukewarm.  She's okay with the VBAC aspect, but not thrilled about me not knowing when to stop my blood thinner injections.  If I were a scheduled RCS, it would be much easier and she would be happier.  Thus, I'm seeking the opinion of another OB today to see if she's a little more into it.  I've heard from my doula that she just delivered a baby last week to a momma on blood thinners.  No induction, no scheduling, etc.  I'm so hopeful that she'll be right for me!

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? I'm waiting until baby is born to buy much.  DS is not quite a year old, so we have a lot.  But not sure if he'll be out of the crib yet, so we may need to buy another.  I will definitely buy another high chair, diaper genie and possibly a small changing table.  Otherwise, we've got the swing, bouncer, etc, as well as plenty of gender neutral newborn clothes.

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1.   How are you feeling?- Great, but tired. Found out anemic yesterday so hoping the iron supplements will help that

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc.- Had my original OB appointment yesterday and now have the midwife consult today to discuss VBAC today!

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?- my OB is not, that is why I am now consulting with a midwife at the hospital next door. She has been recommended by 4 people as being very VBAC friendly

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? - DD1 is still in her crib, so a new crib. Already purchased the double stroller and am still just needing to round out the basics (more towels, washclothes, sheets, etc)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options

Great! Hungry all the time, which is good. I lost a lot of weight in my first trimester. Hopefully I can get back on track and just be healthier.

Not until March 6th!

I wouldn't be with her if she weren't supportive. It was actually her idea for me to see what my body would do! She encourages me to trust my body, and if she has to do a c-section in the end, so be it, but she really wants me to try. I love her.

Clothing. All of our newborn stuff is neutral, but there is so much pink after that point from our daughter. Since we're having a boy this time I'll need some other items. I also got a new breast pump since I'm working after the birth of this child. I stayed home after DD was born for a year.

• Options
    imageCeefome:

1.   How are you feeling? pretty good

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. nothing this week

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?  my MW is very supportive, one of the male dr's is pretty supportive about it, and the other male OB is scared to death of VBACs so I don't see him very often.

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around?  We are having the opposite sex this time, so yes we will purchase a few new things and we are having a small shower.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    1. How are you feeling? Pretty good, tired. 20 weeks tomorrow

2. Any updates this week appointments, test, etc. AS on Monday and I can't wait to see my baby.

3. How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?
    My OB was very shocked and happy I chose a VBAC.
    4. Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? I think I may need a new rock and play. Hubby stored the one we have incorrectly and it seems as if the plastic underneath has been bent. I am going to open it up soon and see if it works itself out and I not we will get a new one. I may pick up a handful for newborn sleepers but not until the end. If baby is big I won't need them. DS was 7lbs3oz and he wore NB for 2 to 3 weeks. This way I can return them.
  • Options

1.   How are you feeling? Still having MS.  Still tired.  I need the first trimester to be over.

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. Nothing this week

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC? So far she seem very supportive.   The midwife looked pleased at my first appointment when I said I wanted a VBAC.

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? I think we will have to get another Crib.  I just don't see M being ready in time and I don't want to rush her out at the same time we bring a baby into the house. 

• Options

1. How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still tired all the time but MS has subsided completely. I'm just feeling "blah" at this point because all of my clothes are getting tighter and nothing feels comfortable on but I haven't been shopping for maternity clothes yet. I'm getting bigger faster the second time around.

2. Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. I have my NT scan at the end of this week. DH will be going with me. I'm just excited to see our little peanut again!

3. How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC? Extremely supportive! The hopsital that I will be delivering at actually prefers VBAC over RCS and they have a very high success rate.

4. Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? Yes! Everything! My DS will a month away from turning 7 when our LO arrives and I donated or sold everything I had before. I knew it would be a while before having another one. I plan on going mostly to consignment shops or large community baby sales!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is my first post on the check in.  I am 14 weeks and going for a VBAC after first C-section following "failed" induction at 41 weeks.

I am feeling really great.  I'm in that in between, second trimester time where I don't really even feel pregnant, but I'm not complaining!  I am just starting to get my little bump.

No appointment until March 13th.  Its been a long time since my last appointment, so I'm getting antsy to hear that heartbeat again.

My OB is probably the most VBAC supportive doctor in the country!  I found him through my ICAN group, and he is known for doing VBAC even after multiple C-sections, special scars, etc... He's very laid back and a great fit for my husband and me.  I am just about to start looking for a doula.

Probably not.  Maybe some newborn cloth diapers.  We didn't put our first LO in cloth until he was a few weeks old.  He was a big baby (9 lb 8 oz) so he fit into one size diapers after a few weeks.  Since he will still be in diapers most likely when the new LO comes, I might go ahead and get some newborn ones so I can skip disposables all together!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on this board!
  • Options

1.   How are you feeling? I have HG so I'm pretty queasy - ready for first tri to end.

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. Doc appointment tomorrow, I check in once a week for hydration.

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC? I'm not sure yet. We have spent the majority of our time talking about treating my HG. I know they support VBACs.

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? Yes, nursery furniture and probably a RNP.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Joining this group and looking forward to learning a lot more about VBACs. I've already enjoyed reading a lot of the stories on the blog!

1.  I feel fine, just really tired.

2. Had betas and progesterone checked this week.  Everything looks good!  (It's early -- almost 5 wks)

3. I haven't talked to her specifically this time around, but when we found out my daughter was breech and the version failed, the very first thing she said was that a VBAC would be no issue in the future.  She mentioned that again at my pp appt, so I am confident she'll be supportive.

4. DD is 18 months, so I don't need a lot -- her stuff is in good shape, but she's not using her baby things anymore.  So just clothes if it's a boy!

* Married June 2008 * * DD born August 2011 *
    BFP#2 2/19/13 EDD 11/1/13!
  • Options

1.   How are you feeling? Done. D. O. N. E. Done. But I still have at least another week to get through. Kind of hoping next week is it, though. Not only will I have my VBAC, but I won't be butting heads with doctors about my "large baby". My doctor is only mildly concerned, but has warned others on his practice who may be the ones on call overnight may not be.

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc. Appointment yesterday. 36w, 1cm dilated, effacement pretty much non-remarkable. Forgot to ask about engagement, but I'll remember next time.

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC? He's been great. In fact, he asked if I wanted a VBAC before I could. I get the feeling if I were to change my mind and want a RCS for any reason he'd try to talk me out of it (without being too pushy, he's pretty much great). I've only met one other OB on his practice and she's very supportive of HIS practices when we talked, and while I'm sure she'd support a VBAC without issue, she might be a little faster to suggest intervention. Not sure about the others in his practice...

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around? It's pretty much all new. We got rid of most of our baby stuff, since we were apartment dwellers at the time and had no storage space. All we're reusing is the breathable bumper and the infant-to-toddler rocker we still had when we moved and a few toys and blankets.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageCeefome:

I'm feeling okay.  I've been very emotional this pregnancy.  More so than with my last one and it's exhausting.

We found out we are team blue!

I think for the most part they are very supportive.  If I am going to have a VBAC in Lancaster County it will be with this office.  I know some of the OBs are more supportive than others, but as long as I can stick with the MWs I should be fine. 

I think I will get a new video monitor.  Also clothes since this LO is a boy.  And a crib since DD is still in the converted crib and I don't want to move her. Hmmm...so yes!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

1.   How are you feeling?  I'm feeling good, but still having lots of contractions. None are "show stoppers" and I can breathe and continue business as usual, even when they are making a regular appearance. My doctor said that if I can still talk and breathe, then to chalk it up to false labor. 

2.  Any updates this week - appointments, test, etc.  This is my last two week stretch between appointments.

3.  How supportive do you feel your healthcare provider is toward VBAC?   I think my provider is pretty supportive. I'm trying to think of a list of questions to ask at my appointment next week. He hasn't mentioned uterine rupture or whether or not he administers pitocin during VBACs, so those are on my list. My water broke last time before I had any contractions, so I was on pitocin from the minute I got checked into the hospital.

4.  Are you purchasing any new baby items this time around?   DS1 is only 14 months, so we had to purchase another crib/bedroom set and room decor. We actually decided to give DS1 the new room and make it more "little boy" than baby. The only other thing I'm purchasing is another diaper pail.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We loved our Rock N Play sleeper with DS1. It's so convenient and you can carry it up and down stairs with one hand!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"