August 2011 Moms

Arrghhhh OB office mistake!!

I had my monthly checkup with my OB yesterday.  So I get to the office five minutes early to check-in, and the receptionist says, " Strange, I don't have your chart pulled, let me look you up..."  and after a minute she says, "I'm sorry, I don't show that you have an appointment today."

I laughed with a little embarrassment, and told her I probably mixed up my days, silly pregnancy brain, could she please just check the date and time for my next appointment?  I can only schedule for Tuesday or Thursday afternoons, so I thought maybe I mis-keyed the day in my calendar.

She does a few more things and says, "I'm sorry, I don't show you have ANY  upcoming appointments scheduled."  At this point I realize that this was not my mistake at all, as I scheduled the appt before leaving my last one.  They must not have saved it in their system.  So I asked her to confirm what I showed on my calendar...that I had been there four weeks ago, and therefore, I should have an appointment today, or at least this week.  I had no appointment in their system at all. 

So then she tells me they have NO appointments open that day, and that I'd have to come back another time. Now, I'm annoyed.  I mean, they were checking my weight, blood pressure, and the baby's heart rate, they couldn't squeeze me in?  We're talking 10 minutes total time and only five mins with the doctor - the nurse does the rest.  In the time she spent trying to figure out what happened, I could have been in and out of there.  Plus, it WAS their mistake, not mine.

Then it took another 10 minutes to find an appointment that fits my schedule and doesn't require me driving a half hour away to their other office.  AND the new appointment isn't for another two weeks yet.  Sheesh!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Arrghhhh OB office mistake!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"