January 2013 Moms
Options

Another bcbs pump question

When I called BCBS in December they said they'd cover a pump 100% as long as it came from a participating medical supplier.  All of the local ones I've called only provide specific respiratory equipment or other not breast pump equipment. Has anyone had any luck with an online supplier?

i ended up buying one out of pocket since it turned out that I'm EPing and would like one to keep in my office. I'm trying to reduce the number of bags I have to carry into work each day.

Has anyone had any luck finding one online that participates with BCBS? 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another bcbs pump question

• Options
    I purchased one through the hospital and bcbs covered it.  I went through the lactation consultant to purchase it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was in the same position you were in but ended up finding one near my about 50 miles away. Have you checked the Medela website for local retailers? I did this and just called every nontoysrus/drugstore asking if they were a medical supplier.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have BCBS and got mine through the hospital pharmacy. Are you sure a pharmacy isn't considered a medical supply company for your plan? Mine was and it was covered 100%.

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    They told me to call CVS Caremark.
  • Options
    They told me to get it through CVSCaremark
    BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
    BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
    BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"