September 2013 Moms
Options

Free nursing pillow!

I just ordered mine. I looked into it to make sure it was not a scam. Looks legit. PayPal check out to be safe. Once you prder the nrsing pillow It also links you to 3 other sites where you can get a free sling, nursing cover, and car seat cover. It uses a different code though. This is the email I got from wte:
"What to Expect users can get a free nursing pillow a 40 value! from NursingPillow.com. Just enter the code WTE at checkout and then all you'll pay are shipping fees! "

I can't wait to get mine in!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif

Re: Free nursing pillow!

• Options
    I just saw this too! I think I am going to take advantage of it for sure!
  • Options
    I took advantage of it!!! Thanks! And I shared with friends!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took advantage of it too! This is the first thing we purchased for the baby (cost of shipping), so it was an exciting little buy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Anyone know what the difference between this and a Boppy are? Or are they pretty much the same thing?

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • Options

Re: the slings/nursing covers/car seat covers.. I saw a post recently on another board (now I can't find it!) saying that while it's not a scam, the stuff is so poorly made it's sometimes useless, and the company is making all their money on the shipping. They're always free, so the prices they quote as "regular price" are just some number that way over-values the item.

ETA: Found the link I was looking for! https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/72065990.aspx

• Options

imageCamiButterworth:
    Anyone know what the difference between this and a Boppy are? Or are they pretty much the same thing?

It is hard to tell from the picture but my first thought was the Boppy I have seems a little bit more structured...I guess I don't know how to explain it but I just know it is easy to prop them in it on the floor and not just use for feeding. This could be used for that as well I'm sure, I just know that was the one thing that was hard for me to tell. I still took advantage of this offer because I think it will come in handy with twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't know about this pillow but looking at it, it is thinner than the boppy. So for a newborn I honestly don't think it will do that much to help you. But I guess it depends on your chest size and whatnot, too. I just know that for my tiny boobs and tiny newborn, I needed to have a nice thick pillow (and maybe an armrest, etc) to get the baby up to my boob. The best nursing pillow is my Breast Friend but those are not as versatile as the boppy or I presume this pillow (you can't sit the baby in one.) It's hard to evaluate this pillow because in NONE of the pictures the moms are breastfeeding or even holding their children in a breastfeeding position. The babies also look 6+ mo old, when, at least in my experience, I didn't really need a pillow anymore. It was the beginning that I needed to find a good position and needed help & support while establishing breastfeeding and dealing with a baby with no muscle control.

As for the slings, those are definitely a waste of shipping even when "free." I got two last time (one for me and one for DH) through this company and they are NOT worth it. The material doesn't stretch so it might fit you/your baby for like a week or maybe even a month but then, even with the alternative holds, you'd need to get a different size (they sell them in like 7 or 9 sizes) or just toss the thing. There is no way to adjust the actual sling itself. It's better to just get a regular sling, wrap, carrier, etc. 

I did get one of their free nursing covers. I knew it was of slightly lesser quality than other covers, but it definitely did the trick because I didn't mind and didn't use a cover all that often. So I do sort of recommend the cover.

As for the carseat covers I don't see why you'd need one of these...my carseat (chicco) came with a canopy and for cooler weather you need something that encloses your LO a bit better than the ones on this site. 

Sorry to be pessimistic, just wanted to let you know that sometimes these free things aren't totally amazing. And actually the pillow does look ok. Just don't be surprised if you find yourself ordering a Brest Friend or boppy once you try breastfeeding with your newborn. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I liked that striped teal coloured one that was backordered until june 10th.  I ordered that one.  I now just have to remember it's coming then!  Thanks for posting this!!!
  • Options
    I've never heard a good thing about the products from this site. I'd save your money on the shipping and just buy the real deal.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    I got the codes for the nursing cover, car seat cover and sling from motherhood maternity when I bought my first item there.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options

If you are wondering if this deal is too good to be true, it is!  I got my pillow the other day and conveniently they have a no return policy, probably because this thing is not even worth the $12 "shipping charge" they offer all the time and pretend it is a special deal!  

Other than appearing to be a slightly smaller shape of the far superior Boppy Pillow, I am not sure what qualifies this trash to be considered a "nursing pillow."  The Nursing Pillow (a name almost impossible to find reviews for on the internet because the name brings up all nursing pillows, how convenient) is cheaply made, the material is NOT soft, (I got the "Hush" cover) the side pieces are entirely too short so this thing will slip like crazy if you attempt to nurse with it, and the height is too short so you'd have to stack two or three pillows underneath to attempt to use this as a nursing pillow.  Save yourself the "shipping charges" and buy a Boppy or My Breast Friend because they are actual reputable companies willing to exchange or return if you are unhappy with the product!  

My guess is this woman thought she could try a get-rich-quick scheme because she tried to copy Boppy's design with little to no effort.  Please do not waste your money on this thing like I did.  If you want more reviews look up "The Nursing Pillow by Mother's Lounge" and you will find other disappointed customers.  

Here is a review from a mother blogger:

https://baconneedsapal.blogspot.com/2013/07/free-mother-lounge-nursing-pillow-review.html

If you don’t believe me, just check out their complaint history with the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/breastfeeding-supplies-and-information/mothers-lounge-in-pleasant-grove-ut-22238544/complaints

I have left my review on as many websites as I could find so other mothers would not be fooled by this scheme.  

• Options
    These get posted almost weekly and every time the response is the same- waste of money, don't bother :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"