Success after IF
Options

Birth control? Long

It seems silly that I'm worried about this because obviously getting preg on my own doesn't seem to work, BUT I think it would help to control my endo better until we are ready to try again.

I emailed my RE and he recommended either pills or an IUD. I was on the nuva.ring before and it worked well. I shy away from pills because for whatever reason I always puked them up in the past. There is a new IUD out there that is only good for 3 yrs.

We will probably want to start trying again in a year or so because my MFM is retiring in two yrs. I know it's silly, but I don't trust any other drs in my area so I want to be preg again, only if he is available.

Sorry so long winded! Finally the question, what do you ladies think? Especially endo ladies, did your REs think BC would help? TIA!
~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13

Re: Birth control? Long

• Options
    My RE basically said that my endo is advanced enough that she didn't think BC would do much for me. In my case the damage is already done.
  • Options
    I had the mirena put in for bc and for endo control. I think continuous BCP or mirena should help control endo but I think I'll get less side effects with mirena.

I am not sure if it is working... But I haven't had any endo symptoms return yet. Plus I don't get AF anymore!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Continuous BC should at least help manage the symptoms, because you shouldn't bleed while on it. I am on the mini pill, but we aren't sure if it will be strong enough to control the endo. With nursing, my only other option is an IUD, but that's not a guarantee, either, so I figured I'd start with the mini pill and see what happens. We will move to the mirena if necessary.

Hopefully, with nursing, AF won't come back and the pain will stay at bay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No words of wisdom here, just wanted to wish you luck & I hope you get some great advice from these great ladies :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I played with endo fire and never went back on anything with the hopes of getting a surprise BFP and it actually worked!  I did however have a lap done before I got pg again b/c I was in a lot of pain at only 6 mo pp.   

Did the same thing my second time around and it is back in full effect.  Having surgery again in less than a month :(  Then hoping to do treatments right away with the hopes of having one more baby.

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options

Just wanted to add ... I see you have some frosties .... if I were you I would go back on the pill until you are ready to transfer with the hopes that it will be kept at bay and not mess with anything in the meantime!

Gah!  So frustrating isn't it?!

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options
    imageSaraevh:
    Just wanted to add ... I see you have some frosties .... if I were you I would go back on the pill until you are ready to transfer with the hopes that it will be kept at bay and not mess with anything in the meantime! Gah!nbsp; So frustrating isn't it?!

That's what we are thinking. My RE won't do another lap on me. He said I narrowly escaped the last one with all my parts intact and he doesn't think I'll be that lucky again. Hope it works for you though!
    ~ Me, 30 DH, 32 ~ TTC since Oct 2009 septum resection 3/2010 stage IV endo 8/2011 IVF #1 1/25/12, 2 transferred, 2 frozen - BFN FET 2/22/12, 2 transferred - BFN IVF#2 5/12, transferred 3, froze 5, BFP! Beta 1: 151, Beta 2: 282 Cerclage placed @ 17 weeks due to shortening cervix, modified bed rest until delivery SAIF/PAIF always welcome image It's a girl! ~ Clare was born 1/31/13
  • Options

I didn't bother going back on BC given the struggles DH and I had...thinking I'd NEVER get pregnant on my own.

I am now 8 weeks with our "oops" baby.

I will be getting BC this time around. 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"