Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

HCG level question

Hey everyone... i just had my first u/a today and they only saw a yoke sac with no hb.. my dr explained i could be off on my dates and not as far along or its not a good pregnancy... she had my hcg levels checked and ill know first results tomorrow... she told me if its over 10,000 then its not good... i was in shock and didn't think to ask questions... has anyone else had this??

i have had no spotting or cramping to lead me to think a mc. DH and i were trying to conceive for 6 months but stopped in january and for the most part used protection except once at beginning of my ovulation cycle... im so confused because nothing led me to think it would be a mc

any advice would be great this is my first experience with hcg levels and don't even know what they should be.. my dr said hope low but she didnt seem optimistic

M/C found 2/27/13-- D & C 3/6/13

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HCG level question

• Options

The reason your doctor said to hope your HCG wasn't over 10,000 is because levels above 10,000 indicate a pregnancy that is far enough along to be clearly seen by u/s, but if the u/s couldn't see more than just a sac then that would mean the sac might be there but there's no viable baby in it, or it's just not grown as much as it should for how far along the pregnancy seems to be as indicated by the HCG levels.  A lower HCG level might confirm his (and your) hope that the pregnancy is just not as far along as you thought, which would explain only seeing the sac and not a baby at this early point.

I'm sorry for what you're going through, and hope you get the news you're hoping for with your bloodwork results.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    I had my first ultrasound yesterday and I had a fetus with no heartbeat.  Doc kept saying I should be at 8 weeks, but I know I'm only 6 weeks and 3 days.  Baby measured at 6 weeks and 4 days and my HCG was 53,437.  I have another appt set up next week for another ultrasound and an HCG check.  Just hang in there...I hate the waiting game too ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"