February 2012 Moms
Options

Head thump our DH day!

You know the commercial where the mom is talking to the baby saying "mommy's eating a french fry" and the baby head thumps the mom?  That's what I want to do to my DH.  And I'm sure others feel the same.  So let's post why you want to head thump your H!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Head thump our DH day!

• Options
    He is acting like a brat lately.  I think he is going through a mini mid life crisis or something.  He said he didn't want to get life insurance because he is too young to die.  Um, ok.  I'm sure that's what a lot of people thought - right before they died.  I insisted and we got it to take care of our kids in case of anything, but ever since he's been weird.  And I want to smack him into reality for being a big baby.  :)
  • Options

DH and I had an argument about me "nagging" him by constantly reminding him of things (plans, appointments, etc) and how I need to trust him more.  So the dog had an appointment for the groomer yesterday.  I asked him Monday night if he was going to come back during the day to get her or take her in the morning.  I said the only reason I'm asking if because if you are taking her in the morning I will take DD to daycare and make sure that the dogs are feed so she doesn't go all day without food.  He said he'd take her on the way to work.  I took DD to daycare and feed the dogs and went to work.  

To show him I trust him I didn't make any mention of the dog or ask if he took her.  I was heading home last night and called the groomer to see if she was ready to be picked up. He never took her.  When I asked about it last night his exact words were "you didn't remind me".  I wanted to smack him so hard!  I said, but remember I'm suppose to trust you enough to not remind you of things like that anymore.  He just said "fine, whatever" and went in the other room.  I still don't know if I am suppose to remind him of things or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel you on the snoring!  H is HORRIBLE.  In fact last night he fell asleep on the couch and then came to bed - leaving on the living room light and the tv on (LOUD).  He literally fell into bed snoring and I had to get up and turn off the light and the tv - that he freaking left on.  So he woke me up and then I couldn't fall back asleep.  So I ended up sleeping with my 4 year old because H was snoring too bad.  I was pissed.  Don't wake me up for one, and sure don't leave the tv and light on.  I will hurt you.  He is going to do a sleep study because we think he has sleep apnea and might get a machine (The cpap thing).  I'm actually researching it now through his ENT.
  • Options
    imagedanac2010:

DH and I had an argument about me "nagging" him by constantly reminding him of things (plans, appointments, etc) and how I need to trust him more.  So the dog had an appointment for the groomer yesterday.  I asked him Monday night if he was going to come back during the day to get her or take her in the morning.  I said the only reason I'm asking if because if you are taking her in the morning I will take DD to daycare and make sure that the dogs are feed so she doesn't go all day without food.  He said he'd take her on the way to work.  I took DD to daycare and feed the dogs and went to work.  

To show him I trust him I didn't make any mention of the dog or ask if he took her.  I was heading home last night and called the groomer to see if she was ready to be picked up. He never took her.  When I asked about it last night his exact words were "you didn't remind me".  I wanted to smack him so hard!  I said, but remember I'm suppose to trust you enough to not remind you of things like that anymore.  He just said "fine, whatever" and went in the other room.  I still don't know if I am suppose to remind him of things or not.

Oh my H made a stupid comment one day while we were dealing with the life insurance stuff.  He threw a fit because the guy talked to me about his health assessment and H said that was a HIPAA violation.  So a week later we get a bill in for the hospital when H hurt his shoulder and had to go get xrays, etc. and he wanted me to call to set up a payment plan.  I kindly declined.  Wouldn't want to violate his HIPAA rights.  :)  

He finally told me his comment bit him in the arse.  I think it's funny.  And still won't deal with his stuff for that reason.  :) 

• Options

I am annoyed with DH and he is not even home this week.

Here's why:  When he is not here we have extra time in the mornings to do things like read books together, play a quick game of cards, etc.  When he is here everyone is rushed.  He moves things in the house and just shoves things places, so there is always stuff on all horizontal surfaces and he can never find anything (including things of MINE he moves). 

I hate that it's easier when he is NOT here, in the organizational sense.  But I hate how trapped I am with the 3 kids when he isn't here and how it's challenging to get everything done with three solo. 

Pretty much, I want him home more, but I want the previously organized, not messy version of him.

• Options
    imagedanac2010:

"you didn't remind me".

The words that grate on every Wife's ears. And if you did you'd be a Nag. We cannot win, ever!
  • Options
    He won't let me get a dog and its driving me crazy! It's been a constant argument since we got married almost 5 years ago!

And even though I know now would be a terrible time for us to get a dog since Lauren doesn't walk yet and is always on the floor, it's still pissing me off.
  • Options

imagegoldenleaves:
    He won't let me get a dog and its driving me crazy! It's been a constant argument since we got married almost 5 years ago! And even though I know now would be a terrible time for us to get a dog since Lauren doesn't walk yet and is always on the floor, it's still pissing me off.

Luckily my H knows he has no power in that situtaion.  He brought home the lab puppy without talking to me about it about 5 weeks before DS #2 was born.  And he was dumb enough to say that I could potty train her because I would be up with the baby anyway.  Yep.  He is still thankful he survived that mouth vomit moment.

Anyway, so I can pretty much come home with anything I want.  I would love a pot belly pig.  But I will settle for a dog!  :)   

• Options
    Add me to the "I have a snoring husband and I can't sleep through it" camp. And he NEVER sleeps on the couch. It also takes me forever to fall asleep, and I wake easily and can't get back to sleep (ie when he gets up to get ready for work but Addy isn't, or, when he's yanking the covers from me at 5:30AM like last night) and it drives me nuts.
  • Options
    I literally just made a call to get his sleep study scheduled.  He has ear issues so his ent said she would do it we just need to give the go-ahead.  So that is next to be scheduled.  I'd do it tonight if they could.  I do not sleep with him in bed for this reason.  And he wakes up gasping for breath and doesn't remember it in the morning so we are pretty sure he has apnea, just not sure how severe it is.  But it is getting worse.
  • Options
    ::enters, looks around, then backs out slowly::
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options

imageuws22:

If you don't snore, if you like dogs and if you aren't a turd in general, you are safe!  :) 

• Options
    imagesapphirebride06:

imagegoldenleaves:
    He won't let me get a dog and its driving me crazy! It's been a constant argument since we got married almost 5 years ago!

And even though I know now would be a terrible time for us to get a dog since Lauren doesn't walk yet and is always on the floor, it's still pissing me off.

Luckily my H knows he has no power in that situtaion.  He brought home the lab puppy without talking to me about it about 5 weeks before DS #2 was born.  And he was dumb enough to say that I could potty train her because I would be up with the baby anyway.  Yep.  He is still thankful he survived that mouth vomit moment.

Anyway, so I can pretty much come home with anything I want.  I would love a pot belly pig.  But I will settle for a dog!  :)   

LOL!
  • Options
    A dog might be great for Lauren?  There was something recently about a kid that was on the autism spectrum and how he had improved when our vet donated a dog to the family.  I know autism and DS are not the same thing, but from a therapeutic standpoint it might be beneficial?  I might be completely wrong but if you put that spin on it who could say no?  :)  
  • Options
    imageuws22:
    You can thump Kle on the head...she seems to have been MIA lately and may not see it! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"