February 2012 Moms
Options

Really DH?

So I have my first session with a counselor today.  Last night I asked DH what we were going to do with Allison tonight (my appt is at 5:00).  My mom will pick her up for DCP, no big deal, but I don't want her there until I get home - likely around 6:30.  So I asked DH if he wanted to go pick her up from my parents house when he wakes up (around 5:30) or what he thought.

He never answered so I asked him to think about what would work best last night, when we talked today he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about!  DUDE!!!!!!!!

So rather than get mad I just sat quietly on the phone while he figured out what he was going to do.  It worked, but man it was hard to keep quiet!

UG!  Men...

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: Really DH?

• Options
    I try so hard to pick my battles with my H and bite my tongue. Most things I want to b!tch about are just not worth it at the end of the day. Good job choosing to keep your cool. I hope you have a good session tonight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hate having conversations, knowing they're listening, and a little while later it's like the conversation never even took place!  That drives me nuts!!!  I call it listening with their "man ears".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is the WORST!

DH makes me batty.  He lost hearing in one ear as a reaction to the flu shot a little over a year ago.  So literally he says "I did not hear you" when it was a conversation in which he participated.  But if I object, he throws out the "deaf in one ear" card.  UGH.

• Options

I'm glad for you that he figured it out and you kept your cool. "Men ears" is a very real thing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A little tip I learned in marriage counseling.  When it's important that they hear you ask them to repeat back what you said.

You can't abuse it cause then they'll get annoyed and not repeat back just to bug you.  I only use it when it's related to our finances or our son.  Works like a charm EVERY time. 

• Options
    imageMar5195:

A little tip I learned in marriage counseling.  When it's important that they hear you ask them to repeat back what you said.

You can't abuse it cause then they'll get annoyed and not repeat back just to bug you.  I only use it when it's related to our finances or our son.  Works like a charm EVERY time. 

This seems like a very good tool to have...

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"