February 2012 Moms
Options

Does anyone give their baby anything other than Cow's Milk?

Hello, my daughter just turned 1 yesterday, I've been BF and am now ready to transition her to cow's milk .... I've heard many contradicting reports that cow's milk is good and that it's not good for humans .... does anyone give their children coconut or soy milk in place of cow's milk for any reason other than an allergy? I was just curious. 

Re: Does anyone give their baby anything other than Cow's Milk?

• Options
    We give coconut milk. She's not truly allergic to Cows milk, just doesn't tolerate it well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Goldenleaves, BIL had coconut milk as a child and they attribute his heart disease to the fats in it - I know nothing more than that and am looking for something else to try with DS.  Is coconut milk high in fats?  I know that his was canned, v. old school.

We have tried almond and soy and WCM, DS won't drink them.  He will only drink his soy toddler formula.

DD had almond and soy because she was allergic to dairy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Skyler isn't drinking much of anything lately.  We tried Organic WCM, and are now trying plain Coconut Milk, I may try the Vanilla Flavor next to see if she does better.  If not we will try almond and soy as a last resort.  I know there are some studies out there about the hormones or something in soy, but I haven't researched in depth about it.

When I spoke to my Pedi she told me to try whatever milk I want.

2Chatter - Coconut milk has almost half the fat of WCM.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"