January 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep attire (also posted on 0-3 month board)

My 7 week old is already busting out of his swaddle. He kicks so much when he wakes up or has a break in his sleep cycle, I'll find his legs out, and the swaddle still wrapped around his torso and pushing up close to his neck. Too close to his face for my peace of mind.

We have a halo sleep sack swaddle, but it is so much thicker than the blankets we use, he sweats through it (we already keep our house at 68 because LO's room stays warmer due to position in the house). Same with the swaddleme's.

We've tried letting him sleep in just a footie sleeper but he doesn't sleep as good without being snuggled. Has anyone found anything good for little wigglers to sleep in?

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep attire (also posted on 0-3 month board)

• Options
    Our guy sleeps in a onesie and a Summer Infant SwaddleMe. The fabric is nice, thin cotton.
  • Options
    We loved the Miracle Blanket!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried a woombie, that might work for you.

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried just a plain swaddling blanket? My DD seems to best with those as opposed to the Velcro swaddles like the swaddleme and Halo. I just ordered some Aden and Anais Muslin swaddle blanketsthey're a little pricey but are lightweight and get rave reviews.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We also have the AA swaddle blankets. I just got the ones that they sell at Target. We used them at night for a long time but a couple of weeks ago DS would cry during the night bc he wanted his arms out and he would fight it after being wrapped for awhile. With the Miracle Blanket, his arms aren't going anywhere bc of how it's set up. I still LOVE the AA blankets though. We use them all the time!
  • Options

imageSPK926:

These things are awesome!  We have the Woombie Leggie for DD so that we can put her in the swing while swaddled.  I also worried about the impact to her hip development if we kept her swaddled and unable to move her legs independently for long periods of time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Have you tried lowering the temp? Its recommended between 65 and 70 I think so you could lower it still with LO all wrapped up in the heavy swaddle. We have LO in a onesie with footie sleeper and swaddle - no onesie if it is a fleece footie. We keep the house around 65 at night and LO maybe tries to get hands out but sleeps well. Our swaddle is a wrap or with the velcro. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS currently wears a halo sleep swaddle to bed but I have woke up twice with him almost busting out of it and the fabric up near his face. So tonight I'm not using them anymore...freaked me out. He honestly hates being swaddled but I know ultimately they find it comforting. I might see how he does a few nights without anything and go from there.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

imageMrsT0514:
    Our guy sleeps in a onesie and a Summer Infant SwaddleMe. The fabric is nice, thin cotton.

The Summer Infant Swaddle Me is great!

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options

imageSPK926:

love our woombie! 

• Options

My little one can escape from any swaddle now, no matter how tightly I do it; I think my blankets are too small to do it well since he's grown so much.  Lately we've gone back to the swaddlemes and a onesie if his room is warm or a light sleeper and it has worked much better.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Options
    I have the halo in cotton instead of fleece. I really like it, not sure if that is the one that makes your guy overheat.
  • Options
    I like the sleep sacks because like your guy, my LO busts out...but usually just his arms. He sleeps much sounder when swaddled. They do have lighter Halos. We found one at Target. So now we have a fleece one for cold nights and a lighter material for warmer nights. Plus the Velcro helps keep his arms in place...he still manages to poke a hand out once in awhile though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"