Working Moms

Going back

I go back to work Monday, and I'm a wreck. I'm trying to plan, and tomorrow dd will go to MIL for most of the day just for practice. I felt so overwhelmed tonight trying to prepare food for her. Is this how it will be every night once I'm back? I feel like I'm going to be missing her alllll day to just come home and make dinner then organize her stuff, only to have her to go bed. And then I think , I'll do it after she's sleeping. But who wants to do that! That's when I should be relaxing. I'm feeling stressed about TIME. How am I going to manage to make dinners every night. And think of options to make her, on top of whatever else Sigh
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Going back

• While it is annoying to do housework after working 8 hours, I do all that sorting after LO goes to bed to spend time with her. Just one of those sacrifices we make.
  • DS still takes a mini evening nap for about 40 minutes which gives me time to wash his bottles and my pump parts. Then I prep dinner. I do everything else after he goes to bed around 7:30 or 8. It's overwhelming at first but once you have a routine down it gets easier. I won't lie though evenings are hectic with feedings, bath, playing, prepping for next day, etc. Don't worry, once you get used to the working mom life, you get used to the new routine. Just prep everything the night before. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been back at work 3 weeks now. It is getting so much better. You will find what works for you. In our house I prep most of the weeks meals during Cjs nap time on Sunday. I make one big slow cooker meal that will feed us at least 2 days and then I prep some sort of oven meal which I throw in the fridge this week it was meatloaf and then just have to put it in the oven when I get home from work. We also buy the rice that comes in bags and steam able froZen veggies to make easy complete meals. That way we don't have to spend time cooking. After cj goes to bed I organize his milk for the day throw a load of bottles in the dishwasher and pack my lunch for the next morning. Then I still have a little time to veg with dh on the couch. You can do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just take a breath, it gets easier. You'll get faster/more efficient at getting the bag ready.You can start to do stuff in batches. Today I make food for the next week, tomorrow I do a load of laundry. Yesterday I swept, today I'll mop.

Totally take time to relax. If the dishes can wait- let them wait. This past weekend I literally slept or watched a movie every time LO took a nap. It was wonderful. I also do a lot with her, I just make it a game. I stick her in a chair or on the couch with me and talk like a sesame street character. "Look at these socks! There are 2! One for your left, one for your right!  There are 1, 2, 3 bottles! Peas are green, what else is green? Do pants go on my arm?" It's ridiculous and you sound insane, but she loves it. Also I love my ergo. I can stick her in that on my back and do a load of laundry or whatever .

The brain of a working mom can process so much information- without down time you will just fall over into a ball of stress. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"