Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Hair Loss

I have a beautiful baby girl that will be 5 months this Sunday (march 3rd). Recently I have noticed that I have been losing a large amount of hair. The women i've talked to about this have told me it's fine and you'll be okay, but I am still worried. Normally I have very long curly hair. I know that we are suppose to lose some hair after having a baby, but i'm concerned that I may be losing too much. Or when will it stop? Please help.

Re: Hair Loss

• I'm a hair stylist and this is very common. I always know when a woman had a baby who is 6mo to a year old because mom has LOTS of short hairs and fly always from the hair that was lost growing back. I have a 3 week old and I am not looking forward to this happening to me, but it will! And it will grow back!
  • You will be able to craft human hair wigs and sell them on Etsy with the amount you'll lose - seriously :)  I suggest investing in a drain cover for your shower so you don't clog it but it gets better lol
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • It's normal. Hasn't started happening to me yet, but a friend of mine who recently had a baby could literally run her hand through her hair and come away with huge clumps every single time, one right after the other.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"