Pregnant after IF

Thank you gift?

I have heard of some people sending a thank you gift of sorts to the staff at their fertility clinic once they get pregnant. Has anyone done this?? I feel like the $26k we have paid them already is more than enough, but I know that the staff doesn't get any kind of bonus or anything for what they have helped me accomplish. I was thinking of bringing bagels or donuts or something to our last ultrasound appointment before we graduate.

Any thoughts on this??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you gift?

• No thoughts.  But I think it's a great idea.  I'll hopefully be graduating on Monday and would like to bring the wonderful nurses something.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've definitely heard of people doing this-I didn't though.  I still keep in touch with one of my main nurses, and our peri is my RE's sister in law-so I know she gets updates that way.  I just felt weird taking a "gift" into the office-and I didn't know that my last appointment was my last appointment until that day.

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I'll probably write a handwritten thank-you card. :)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • I thought about it, but didn't give a gift.  Like you said, we paid the clinic a LOT of money, it's not like their help was given as charity.  I definitely thanked everyone at my graduation, I'll keep in touch through the pregnancy, send a nice birth announcement to the RE and nurses, etc.  Plus, I'll be going back 6-12 months after my first is born for a FET.  I don't think they expect anything more than that. So that was my thought process.    
    TTC #1 7/10, Me (31)- Dx DOR (AMH 0.6); DH (30)- normal
    BFP on Cycle #8. Natural M/C at ~8 weeks
    IUI #1 and #2 (8/12, 9/12)- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFNs
    IVF #1 (EPP) 13R/10M/9F, 5DT 1-4AA blast, beta #1-148, beta #2-322, 5 frosties! 
     image  image  
  • Even though you spent 26k the nurses and staff don't get that, a gift of a fruit basket or other type of food is always appreciated. Let's put it this way I get a direct line to my NP and OB because I always bring them different things throughout the year. And my RE has given me free advice etc and I am not saying she is not a lovely person but I think the xmas gifts helped.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• My RE's office specifically just asked for baby pics once it arrives. 
  • I was planning on sending an edible arrangement with a birth announcement and a nice thank you card. I love edible arrangements haha and they aren't too expensive for a smallish one, and my clinic was kind of small anyway and it'll be summertime. Even though they got a ton of money, like you said the staff doesn't work on a commission and they were always so personable and invested in us. I certainly don't think it's necessary and not everyone feels so inclined so I definitely don't think any different for people who don't do this.
  • After I get releases from the RE's office, I was planning on sending an editable arrangement as a thank you.
  • DH and I delivered an Edible Arrangement basket about three months after we were released. We went in the afternoon so I knew there would be few to no one in the waiting room when we got there. The girls at the office were so happy to see us and we had a nice visit. Our clinic was small and we worked closely with a bunch of the staff, so it was nice to really give them a 'thank you'. They also requested updates and for us to bring our LO in when she is here. The embryologist likes to 'squeeze her babies' as she put it, LOL!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • I thought about it when I was close to be graduating from RE, but I never knew if something might happen on the way, so I decided to wait until I see a healthy baby in my arm.  

My birthing announcement card with pictures will be a thank you card for my RE! 

Mar-Apr-May/12: All 3 IUI (w/ Femara) - BFN

May/12 IVF journey in the works...
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI #1 (Gonal, Menopur & Ganirelix)
    5/29-6/18: BCP, 6/21-6/27: Stim, 6/30: ER
    7/5: ET 2 5-days blastocysts are transferred, none made to freeze :(
    7/17: Beta #1 - 616!!, 7/23: Beta #2 - 6818
    8/2: u/s #1 - a healthy seahorse found & one empty sac, 8/16: u/s #2 - one peanut! HB @ 180
    10/30: It's a girl!!! EDD: 3/23/13

IVF & Miracle baby blog!
    My Cherry Blossom baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecandyreesecup:

I thought about it when I was close to be graduating from RE, but I never knew if something might happen on the way, so I decided to wait until I see a healthy baby in my arm.  

My birthing announcement card with pictures will be a thank you card for my RE! 

Exactly this! After a previous loss, I'll know all was successful after baby is here.

• I'm doing it when I get a baby.
    Yes, I'm pregnant now, but for whatever reason, I want my LO with me for my big Thank You.
  • I bought the office bagels/ cream cheese and coffee. I went to Panera and they have the coffee totes-worked out pretty well. I second guessed it too, just bc of all we had spent, but the office staff and nurses were great-and not sure if I could have made it through some of the stressful times without their support. I also work in healthcare at a hospital-we love when our patients bring us food!!!
  • I have brought our nurses different little things throughout our process to show them how much I appreciate them explaining everything to me and taking their time with me.  I am a nurse in l&d and know how much we all love to receive things from our patients. They're always so appreciative when I bring things and it just makes me feel good, hoping it was making for good karma for our transfer. Lol. 

Me (29) DH (34) married 11/24/2007 TTC for 2 1/2 years 3/11 9 wk m/c d&c 6/11 ectopic pregnancy methotrexate 11/11 5 wk m/c 6/12 5 wk m/c 8/12 hysteroscopy followed by several rounds of close monitoring and clomid 1/13 ER 18 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 after 5 day growth, PGD testing 6 girls, 2 boys 2/14/13 transfer of two embeds 1 girl 1 boy 2/25 beta --171, progesterone low 9, changed from suppositories to pio 2/27 beta #2--392, progesterone 21.9 yea it's working!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"