1st Trimester

Update: blood clots

I started spotting 2 wks ago after love making. The nurse said it's normal. They took blood and my hormone levels were very high. So I wasn't worried. However the blood continued over these next 2 wks and it has been brighter red and more of it. It's like a light period day. Also I've had small blood clots. I keep telling myself it's normal, but each time I go to the bathroom like every 2 hours it alarms me again. What could the blood clots mean? I go for an ultrasound in 2 days to hear the heartbeat. I'm 7wks1day now. I'm so excited! I know in my heart that it's in God's hands.

Posted my update below.....

We can't wait to meet you, our baby surfer GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517

Re: Update: blood clots

• I would call your doctor now.  They will probably want to see you as soon as possible.  I had a little bit of bleeding earlier on and each episode my doctor wanted me to come in right away to be checked.  I hope it is nothing, but you really need to call your doctor now.
  • I did call my nurse yesterday, but I didn't notice the blood clots til today. She said I could come in early or just wait the 2 days for my appointment. She didn't seem too worried. She said either way whatever is happening with the baby will continue. They can't change anything which I agree. God has it already planned out. But I thought I would ask others about the blood clots to see what it could mean.

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • Loading the player...
  • The clots may be reason alone to go in. Do you feel like its heavy enough for a period? I would probably call them back if its heavier than just spotting
  • imagejhs121:
    I did call my nurse yesterday, but I didn't notice the blood clots til today. She said I could come in early or just wait the 2 days for my appointment. She didn't seem too worried. She said either way whatever is happening with the baby will continue. They can't change anything which I agree. God has it already planned out. But I thought I would ask others about the blood clots to see what it could mean.

I would call back and let them know about the clots.  I personally don't think I could wait the few days.

• I cant say this has happened to me... I am actually 7 weeks also and I keep taking to tests to see if they are still positive because I have no symptoms of pregnancy.

However, my mom said she had light periods throughout her entire 1st and 2nd trimesters. And I turned out fine :)

I say call the dr also, at least that will give you some answers and make you feel proactive. GL and keep us updated.

Married since 06-9-11 Me: 29 Hubby: 28 2/14 BFP 1st baby The paper towels on the counter weren't for me?! My hubby and my puppy Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I would definitely call your doctor back if you are having clots. There is no point in stressing yourself out and waiting for two days with no answers. They will more than likely want to see you today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • UPDATE
    I had minor cramps all last night and lots of blood. Instead of waiting for my appointment tomorrow I went in today. I could just tell from the lady doing the ultrasound something wasn't right. Guess it's normal for her not to say anything. But she was also reluctant to put the monitor on for me to watch. As she moved the wand around vaginally I did not see the "black sac" that I saw 2 wks ago. My hubby asked if we were going to hear the heartbeat and she said no. We kinda just hoped it was still too early. The only thing she said was the doctor will explain everything. I got the vibe something was wrong. We waited and eventually met with the doctor. He said what I feared, "There's no longer a gestational sac, just tissue. It doesn't look good. Miscarriage." Which explained all the blood and clots. My heart broke and my husband's too. So thankful we were together to experience that. We know God is in control and has a far better plan. Everything does happen for a reason. Keeping hope alive!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • imagejhs121:
    UPDATE
    I had minor cramps all last night and lots of blood. Instead of waiting for my appointment tomorrow I went in today. I could just tell from the lady doing the ultrasound something wasn't right. Guess it's normal for her not to say anything. But she was also reluctant to put the monitor on for me to watch. As she moved the wand around vaginally I did not see the "black sac" that I saw 2 wks ago. My hubby asked if we were going to hear the heartbeat and she said no. We kinda just hoped it was still too early. The only thing she said was the doctor will explain everything. I got the vibe something was wrong. We waited and eventually met with the doctor. He said what I feared, "There's no longer a gestational sac, just tissue. It doesn't look good. Miscarriage." Which explained all the blood and clots. My heart broke and my husband's too. So thankful we were together to experience that. We know God is in control and has a far better plan. Everything does happen for a reason. Keeping hope alive!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"