Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Do I need to suck it up?

I had my d and c last Friday. I took the weekend off but Monday I was supposed to go back to class and work. I'm a full time student and have so much to catch up on, but I just can't seem to get up and go. I'm exhausted all the time but physically Im fine. My professors are being understanding but I feel like its been long enough I need to suck it up and get back to everything. Am I taking too long?

Re: Do I need to suck it up?

• Options
    I am with you. I had mine Friday also. I teach 1 st grade and teach a college class tues night. I took this entire week off.
    I don't want to go back Monday but I am. I think after a week I need to get myself back into a "normal" schedule again and try to get myself back.
    Please message me if you need to talk since we are going through it at the same time I have my good minutes and bad.
    I am now also getting sick going to the walk in clinic later bad cough. Just what I need when I already feel like crap.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

I had my D&E on a friday, and went back to work on Tuesday. I felt physically fine although my emotions were all over the place.

I found that going back to work and getting myself back into my "normal" schedule actually helped me feel better. I was busy at work and not sitting around my house thinking of everything that had happened.

((hugs))

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this ((HUGS))

Recovery is both physical and emotional after a D&C. It took me nearly a month to start feeling like myself again.

• Options
    I did not have any surgery so I can't really speak from that aspect of it but I wanted to let you know that you don't have to go back until you are ready. I agree that it can really help to get back into your normal routine but if you feel like you need just one or two more days take them and allow yourself to heal emotionally not just physically
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"